1982 BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm finishing up my 1982 BJ42 and thought I'd give everyone a peak at her before she goes on the market. I'm still finishing up the interior and little things here and there, so there are no interior pics yet, but she is going to be a beauty.

Here's some info:

1982 BJ42 - RHD - From NZ
5 Speed - 3B Engine
244,025 km (151,630 miles)
Repainted OEM 6H9 Grayish Olive
California Registered

New Toyota H55F 5 speed transmission
Professionally rebuilt BJ70 transfer case
New Clutch
New Stainless Hardware
New Door Locks
All new door and window seals
All new belts and hoses
New Tie Rod Ends and Arms
All Fluids Replaced
New Glow Plugs
New Intake Manifold Gasket
New Light Lenses
Halogen Headlights
LED Dash Lights
Professionally Repainted
New balanced drive shafts
New clutch master and slave
New Exhaust System
New brake master and slave
Braided steel brake lines
ARB Winch Bull Bar (no winch)
Old Man Emu Suspension w/ greasable shackles
4Plus Roll Bar – painted OEM gray
Cruiser Solutions carpet kit (gray)
Sound-proofed (Dynamat & Spectrum) - as much as a diesel can be
New gray door panels
Tiny-Tac Tachometer

Thanks for looking.
BJ42 FOR MUD.jpg
BJ42 FOR MUD 2.jpg
BJ42 FOR MUD 4.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Are you keeping those rims/tires on the truck? I'll have to keep an eye out once she comes on the market. Does the 40 have power steering or AC?

Nice looking truck!. Is the color flat and if so how did you get it like that?

Pete

Thank you.

It was painted a flat/satin. I'll ask the painter and post up the info.

Not sure about a price yet. I'd love to trade it for an HJ45 Troopy or something similar.

Looks great man.

Why are you selling? After all that work to get the right H55 nosecone?!?!?! :D

I can't imagine selling that! But how much? Ebay just says reserve not met....

Amaurer H55's for 3B's are common in Canada. And it is not just the nose cone/bearing retainer but also the input shaft that is different than a gas rig H55. I understand that there is a different topcover for the tranny when it is used in a 42 that is much harder to find. But I don't know if this is true or not as I have not seen the different top cover.

Tony

Amaurer H55's for 3B's are common in Canada. And it is not just the nose cone/bearing retainer but also the input shaft that is different than a gas rig H55. I understand that there is a different topcover for the tranny when it is used in a 42 that is much harder to find. But I don't know if this is true or not as I have not seen the different top cover.

I know, that wasn't the issue. Beast II had a long saga on this board where he bought a brand new H55 from Toyota and swapped in a 3B input shaft. The nose cones change by shaft type and also by year - that was the ordeal. Obviously he managed to get it going, however. :D

Well no matter what he went through that is a nice rig! Still want to know the reserve price....

Tony

Looks great man.

Why are you selling? After all that work to get the right H55 nosecone?!?!?! :D

Thanks man. You of all people know how much has gone into her. In fact, without your help, the transmission/transfer case never would've gone in.

I'm hesitant to sell it, but one of the toys has to go as I just picked up an off-road trailer.

Damn, sorry to see it on the market. Curious how much you get for it. I think I liked the original color more :flipoff2:

i am going to guess between $18K and $25K is going to be the purchase price ...
best of luck with the sale.

She is at $18,601 with 7 days left....

I had a deadbeat buyer on Ebay :mad:, so it is re-listed at a 'buy it now' price of $18,995. This is a steal considering I have over $30k into it . . . C'est la vie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom