For Sale 1982 BJ42 LHD 24v 3B Diesel w/ Warn 8274 (MI/USA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1544242 View attachment 1544242 View attachment 1544244 View attachment 1544245 View attachment 1544241 It is time for the next curator for a couple of Land Cruisers. For sale is a 3B diesel 1982 BJ42 left hand drive and a 1966 FJ40 plow truck w/ pto winch. I would like to sell them as a package deal but will separate if need be. I will also list this in the FJ40 section.

The '82 BJ42 is a Canadian version left hand drive, has a dependable 24Volt 3B diesel with an impressively strong 24Volt Warn 8274 mounted to a very stout bull bar. There are 2 plug ins for the block and tranny heaters for cold weather starts. The glow plugs have been converted to a Wilson switch. It has a power steering conversion that does wander a bit on heavily grooved roads. Everything works as it should. Lights ,blinkers, 4wd high and low (total beast in low range), clutch, brakes, e-brake, hand throttle, winch, heat, fan. Vehicle has obvious rust that I have tried to capture in the pictures. There has been extensive floor and structural repair with plate steel that is solid. The pics tell the story. I'll forward any additional views as needed.
I can also forward videos of cold starts , walk-a-rounds and driving.
Currently has 147,030km which is about 92,000 miles and will go up as I will be driving it w/ a for sale sign.

The BFG's in the 1st pics DO NOT go with the sale
The Coopers in the last pics are the tires and wheels that go with the truck.

Known issues;
Obvious tub rust
Steering follows tire tracks and wanders a bit on groovy roads
Old worn tires
Slow and noisy

Common Questions;
Can I drive it home across the country?

I did 7 years ago with the same tires and steering issues and had a blast doing it. However I can't recommend it. If the steering and tires were dealt with , and the slow pace and noise doesn't bother you, I see no reason why it wouldn't make the journey.

Why are you selling the vehicle?

2 reasons; One , I rarely drive it anymore. The last 2 times I took it out were to recover some of the local kids that I used to coach that are into off roading. They are impressed with the ole girl since the 8274 retrieved a lifted Dodge cummins twice her size with ease. Since my 3rd knee surgery I just can't clutch all day on the trail like I used to. I gravitate towards my 80 series now but only because the discomfort outweighs the nostalgia.
And two, my father just had a stroke and I'm using the money to make his home , bathroom and stairs accessible.

Asking price for BJ42
$12,000. Negotiable

(SOLD). (SOLD)The 1966 FJ40 is an all original utility truck. I purchased the truck from the original owner with 35k original miles. Even has the original tires !!! This truck has been used as a utility truck every year up to last year when I finally bought a Kubota (HST tranny, again due to clutching). This truck starts every time no matter how cold or long between starts. It has a dealer installed plow along with a PTO winch. It has other rare parts in great shape for their age. The hard to find early ribbed top ,split hood and vented windshield frame are in good shape. Titled in Nov '65 as a 1966 model. Currently has 35,535 original mi.

Known issues;
It's old
Rear tub rust
Clicking birfield
Headlights not working
Needs to be gone thru to be roadworthy , works fine as a utility truck.

Common Questions;
Can I drive it home across the country?
Absolutely not. I starts right up , runs and drives but hasn't gone past the corner gas station for years.
It's not plated and is only used as a utility truck on my property.

Why are you selling it?
I bought a tractor and no longer use it as a utility vehicle.

Asking prices
'82 BJ42 ~ $12,000 negotiable

'66 FJ40 ~ (SOLD)

Located in the middle of the lower peninsula of Michigan 48624
I can forward more pics , walk around and driving videos if you leave me a number or an email addy in a PM.
(I only get 5 pics at a time here.). Or leave a number for a return call.
I will only be checking the forum nightly so be patient I will get back to you.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I am very interested in the combo deal. I will messenger you back channel.

image.jpg
Replies went out this afternoon. Let me know if there are any other areas you would like to see.
This is the original title stamped Nov '65 for the 40. Been in service ever since then. A veteran that has never missed a season.

FJ40 plow truck is sold
BJ42 new price edit.
$12,000 negotiable

If you part out. Interested in the 3b, h55 if it has it, and the winch.

Thanks for the interest emoto.
I don't see that happening tho. She is a long way from that fate.
Pending sale , just working out the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom