1982 BJ42 Diesel warhorse called Mouse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks, just wanted to introduce myself and my now several months old BJ42 that I've been driving almost daily as a hobby shop truck. I finished a pretty thorough resto of an FJ62 (body, engine, axles yadda yadda) that you can check out in my other thread. Problem is I now never drive it because literally every time I go to use it, I end up dinging or scratching the stupid thing than spending time polishing it up....thinking of selling soon. Now, I'm definitely not one to baby my trucks but you know how it goes, it's only nice once. One day I came across this beauty and we never looked back. It's exactly the kind of truck you can lean a 2x4 on, or throw a transmission in the back or simply not lock (for one nobody knows how to drive stick anymore it seems). It's rusty and crusty but lucky for me I have a fully complete other one that's in boxes so will be building up the frame and swapping it once I am ready. For now, the idea is to never have it out of commission (unlike the FJ62 that took up the garage for 4 years) and fix it with bailing wire and spares.

My son named it Mouse....because it's so quiet on the highway.....I'd kill for a 5 speed swap if anyone knows where I can get one? I know, I know they are dear and all but my old H42 has worn syncros and instead of rebuilding I'd way rather put in some effort on locating a 5 speed.

Konrad

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_5016(1).jpg

Sweet ride mate.. but where's the money shot? (that lovely 3B under the hood!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom