eBay 1982 bj42 - aka lola (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey i saw this a few days ago on ebay, it had alot of high bids, what happened?

I had a deadbeat bidder, buyer, purchaser, shopper, investor, procurer, comprador...whatever the hell you want to call it. Ended the auction early for a cash deal that never transpired.

Last edited:
Nice ride. Ebay listing said auction ended early as item was no longer for sale. I was curious what it would bring. Now I wonder how many bids were real.

Nice ride. Ebay listing said auction ended early as item was no longer for sale. I was curious what it would bring. Now I wonder how many bids were real.

Please elaborate.

Since you asked,

I just bought a BJ44 on Ebay for $6950 delivered to Long Beach.

Toyota : Land Cruiser | eBay

I was looking and actually bid on yours, I bid up to $10,000, but when it reached $18,800 it was way out of my price range. Still, I was hoping the auction would run it course and it would bring that much, because it would mean mine was worth close to that.

When you cancelled the auction, and you edited your post above because it first said deadbeat "bidder", and you changed it to " buyer", it made me wonder which bidders were not real.

I was hoping you would get more than $18,000 for it. Now, it's not easy to tell, as you cancelled the ebay auction before it was over.

I will say, I'm really happy to have paid $6950 for my 1981 BJ44 from New Zealand.

I guess you will find out what yours is worth. Maybe you will "elaborate" on what you actually get for the benefit of the people on this forum.

Since you asked,

I just bought a BJ44 on Ebay for $6950 delivered to Long Beach.

Toyota : Land Cruiser | eBay

I was looking and actually bid on yours, I bid up to $10,000, but when it reached $18,800 it was way out of my price range. Still, I was hoping the auction would run it course and it would bring that much, because it would mean mine was worth close to that.

When you cancelled the auction, and you edited your post above because it first said deadbeat "bidder", and you changed it to " buyer", it made me wonder which bidders were not real.

I was hoping you would get more than $18,000 for it. Now, it's not easy to tell, as you cancelled the ebay auction before it was over.

I will say, I'm really happy to have paid $6950 for my 1981 BJ44 from New Zealand.

I guess you will find out what yours is worth. Maybe you will "elaborate" on what you actually get for the benefit of the people on this forum.

I must say I do appreciate your 'conspiracy theory' and as I mentioned to you on the phone prior to your cowardly 'hang up', I ended the auction early for a cash buyer who also happened to be a bidder. Make sense? I know it must be confusing for you.

Aren't you the same guy trying to sell a run of the mill FJ Cruiser as a TRD Edition? - - https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/462390-2008-fj-6spd-21-200-mi-trd.html

Hmmmm....lots of credibility I see.

Yes , my ad did say TRD, funny so does the window sticker which I posted where it shows TRD shifter and TRD wheels.

But I guess you have problems with the English language along with your honesty.

Yes, I hang up on lying assholes.

I hope you get all you deserve, in your sale price and otherwise.

Wot yus toking bout? :) ....and the pot calls the kettle black. Hopefully your BJ44 actually arrives.

Last edited:
fwiw, I have dealt with Matt in the past,and he is an honest,stand up guy. Until you know the real facts,stay at the donut shop where you belong...Oh and you get what you pay for.....cheers...

Great color and that grassy background gives a "Mutual of Omaha's
Wild Kingdom" look to your ad.
Good luck with the sell...........1978HJ45

So, if Toyota puts TRD shifter, wheels etc on the vehicle, marks the window sticker accordingly, it does not contain TRD parts?

I NEVER said it was a TRD "edition", I said TRD, duh, just like the window sticker.

You guys should get a life.

That is a really sexy truck! I would be interested in trading you. My wife is 34 she cooks like julia childs and keeps a clean house. She may not be amicable to the idea but I have lots of duct tape and she will come around in time :)

That is a really sexy truck! I would be interested in trading you. My wife is 34 she cooks like julia childs and keeps a clean house. She may not be amicable to the idea but I have lots of duct tape and she will come around in time :)

That is a very tempting offer. Could you post pics of your trade? :)

fwiw, I have dealt with Matt in the past,and he is an honest,stand up guy. Until you know the real facts,stay at the donut shop where you belong...Oh and you get what you pay for.....cheers...

Much appreciated. How's the 3B running by the way?

Great color and that grassy background gives a "Mutual of Omaha's
Wild Kingdom" look to your ad.
Good luck with the sell...........1978HJ45

Thank you. That's what i was going for.

Bump for a super clean BJ42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom