For Sale 1981 Toyota Trekker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come to sell my Trekker or trade I suppose. The truck is in really good condition as far as a truck of this vintage is concerned. Im located in the United States. Oregon, I am in between Monmouth, Dallas, and Corvallis. Here is my Craigslist ad: 1981 Toyota Trekker

Im asking ~$5000, which is a little higher than the nice standard 1st gen pickups are selling for in my area.
I love this truck but im on the hunt for a cruiser, I would love to trade for a FJ60 or 62. Maybe even a 55. My price is negotiable (for Mud more than others). But I would really like to get a cruiser.

If anyone has questions or anything just post them id love to hear. Thanks for looking!

If anyone has a good that they are interested in trading FJ60, 62, 80 I'd love to see it or be told I'm having a problem finding many in my area. I live near Salem Or.

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

That thing is great! Kinda like a 4Runner before there ever was such a thing. GLWS

cool Trekker, I test drove one new on the lot in 1982, Toyota of Puyallup WA.

GLWS or trade...

Woah that's really neat Landpimp! I'd have loved to see these things in their prime! Must have felt great to drive one!
Thanks RedHead! And yeah that's exactly what they were, pretty sweet. My other rig is actually a '87 4Runner so I have the best of two world IMO. But life catches up...

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

In 1988, I got a 87 4runner....then went Land Cruiser in the mid 90's, still miss my old 4runner, had one of the 1st air lockers.....was called a Roberts Locking Diff at the time, this back when Jim from ARB was pretty much selling out of his truck, named ARB Air Locker soon after, mine may have been by the time I got it, kinda foggy

When I drove the Trekker, there was also a Nordic blue 82 fj40 and a few 60's....they were out of my budget at the time.....but now I have them all ;)

I know this is a thread from the dead, but if the OP could post a pic or two of this old horse for postarity since the ad has long since expired.

88608A0F-79B8-4265-94A5-2612441A6BA1.jpeg
886AD65B-E61C-4438-BCBD-D7E286FCE3D0.jpeg
54B44DF8-CD7F-40C2-964A-D1A4BD054581.jpeg

@Pacer

@devildogcruiser25 actually I ended up trading it for a Mk2 Supra, it was a dumb trade, but hindsight is 20/20. It’s still kicking around here in the PNW, it’s a built snow rig now, and not as clean. A sad waste of a rare piece of Toyota history, I learned later that it was among the first few built as well.

@devildogcruiser25 actually I ended up trading it for a Mk2 Supra, it was a dumb trade, but hindsight is 20/20. It’s still kicking around here in the PNW, it’s a built snow rig now, and not as clean. A sad waste of a rare piece of Toyota history, I learned later that it was among the first few built as well.
bummer... but that's the way it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom