SOLD 1981 Toyota FJ60 / Jupiter, Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1981 Toyota FJ60
Land Cruiser
Engine: 2F Six Cylinder
Transmission: H41 4-speed
Color: Beige
The time has come for me to find a new home for my beloved Land Cruiser. I’m posting it here based on advice from a friend that is on this forum often. I would like it to go to an enthusiast that appreciates a solid original FJ60. I purchased it almost four years ago. It was sourced by The FJ Company and was serviced by them in Bogota before I had it air freighted to Miami, Florida. The truck was one family owned and originally sold in Cali, Colombia. The Colombian license plate is original to the truck and has been on it since new. It is a non-US spec truck, thus there are some differences. It is not restored and is in very good original condition, though it does appear to have been painted, at least the majority of it. The interior is completely original and I do still have the original rear jump seats that fit in the cargo area.

Prior to shipping to the United States, the truck was serviced and I had the Warn fog lights installed and the Toyota factory wheels with hub caps replacing the aftermarket wheels that were on it. It currently has Toyo Open Country 31” tires that are about 3 years old. Over the past few years, I have had the following work done to it, all of it completed by The FJ Company in Miami, Florida with the exception of the electronic distributor, which was done by Amazonia in Stuart, Florida.

• Electronic Distributor
  • Transfer Case Repair (oil migration issue)
  • Front Disc Brakes (converted from drums)
  • Master Cylinder
  • Brake Booster
  • H4 Headlights
  • Original Toyota Exhaust with Muffler
  • Original Toyota Shocks
  • Parking brake cable and assembly
  • Front Hubs

Everything works on the truck including the air conditioning, which I just had recently serviced. The body is solid with no signs of accidents or damage. There is no serious rust. There is a small bubble at the dogleg of the rear passenger door that has never changed during my ownership. There are a few small bubbles on the trailing edge of the drivers side rear wheel well that also has not changed during my ownership. The drip rails are in good shape but do show some surface corrosion. This could all be very easily addressed. The truck has been kept clean and stored in my climate controlled shop.

The bottom of the truck is all original and shows no rot or rust. The frame is straight and totally solid. There are no leaks. No rattle can or touch ups have been done down there. The interior is nearly perfect. The dash shows some warping, but no cracks. All the gauges work and there is a new Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and hook up for an iPhone. The upholstery is excellent with only one small tear on the driver side seat bottom. The headliner is free of stains and tears. There are no seatbelts in the rear seats. Should this be an issue, I will gladly source a set of lap belts. This FJ60 was originally equipped with two rear jump seats in the cargo area. I removed them so I had more room in the rear cargo area. I do have them and they are in excellent condition. I added the small hitch in the rear for my bike rack.

My FJ60 runs perfectly and shifts smoothly. The four wheel drive engages with no issues and functions properly. There is a choke and hand throttle on the dash. Cold starts in warm South Florida are easy, even when it has sat for several weeks. The odometer shows 309,947 KILOMETERS which is 192,592 miles. I believe the mileage to be original.

The FJ60 is located in Jupiter, Florida. Inspections are welcome and encouraged. I know I will regret selling, however, my business is not focused on Land Cruisers and its time to let someone else enjoy this great Toyota.

Asking $27,900 and I am open to negotiate and reasonable offers.

I do have over 100 pictures in a DropBox showing details that I will gladly share with serious buyers. The vehicle is titled in my name on a clean Florida title.

IMG_9482.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

IMG_9532.jpg

Last edited:
I was one of two techs who assisted @jupiterFJ60 with the repairs on this beautiful FJ60. It is being well represented here and I’d be happy to provide any interested parties with a fair mechanical opinion.

Also worth mentioning I completed a clutch job with Aisin parts and a resurfaced flywheel. Also oil migration issue between transmission and transfer case was repaired with the updated fj62 output seal.

Hope to see this great truck go to a loving home.

Last edited:
Go Seminoles!

tenor.gif

Trust me, FSU 94 grad, so I know all too well!!!

Price seems a bit high. I missed out on a similar rig in CA. It had ZERO rust, literally a garage queen (1 owner), less than 100k miles for $19k. Good luck. Surely a nice rig.

Thanks for the comment. I certainly would say that a clean rust free 60 with no rust for $19k is a screaming bargain. And I would agree that my 60 is priced at a premium. But I am very open to negotiate and am really looking for a fair price and a good home for my 60.

I know. I missed it. It was posted on CL. Dream rig - was aunt's when she died and got it in the will. I was doing everything I could to figure out how to get out to get it and it sold. Missed opportunity.

But, your rig is pretty nice. I'd be a bit afraid of the rust along to drip rail, but definitely a nice rig.

I made sure to show any area of corrosion and especially the drip rails. One of the technicians at The FJ Company also looked at recently and commented that the drip rails are solid just showing corrosion. The aluminum trim needs to be carefully removed and the drip rails should be cleaned up, primarily the ones in the rear. If this is a major issue for someone, I can certainly work with them in getting it addressed or factor it into the price. There is someone here that I would trust to do the work and it would be reasonable in price.

$23,700 for a good home for my 60. After this it goes to Bring A Trailer. Pretty sure it will bring this including fees. Maybe a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom