For Sale 1981 hj47 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1981 Aussie spec rhd hj47 Troopy. Former Australian ambulance with a high roof. Inner wheel well were removed as well. This Troopy would make a good camper/ overlander build. First and foremost this is a project truck. It runs, drives, shifts, and stops like it should. It has been sitting for about 6 or 7 years and driven on occasion. It has all the normal rust issues, most of it around the rear windows. There is some at the cowl sides, but the windshield area looks solid where it meets the cowl. The inside looks worse than it is as there was carpet glued the the sides and roof. Some rust through in the front floors next to the inner rockers. The frame is dry, rust free, very solid.
Some pros,
Runs and drives
Big bull bar with huge driving lights
High roof( very heavy and well made)
Rear arb air locker with pump
Tires are in great shape
Cons,
Rust
Booster leaks,
Needs glow plugs , starts very quickly with starting fluid
Typical smoke on start up but clears up after a few minutes
A177B922-8FFF-4347-810B-23068320724A.jpeg
128B3798-6304-427E-A829-408B62CA93F2.jpeg
776588DE-313D-420B-A805-1F010EF92EA3.jpeg
0FD3A814-5953-4EBD-BB28-73499A2C6C2A.jpeg
09AE9482-BEAB-4F64-B9F1-85C90CDA914F.jpeg

Svc, baseline all fluids and filters
No title, sold with a bill of sale

Was imported about 10 years ago legally from Australia, bouced around the states and ended up in California a few years ago. It cannot be registered here in California, so hoping a mudder can pick it up and get it going in a less restrictive state! I think this could easily be cleaned up a driven while doing some rust repair, and enjoy while working on little repairs. Or pull the body off and go down the rabbit hole!! Located in the Bay Area, California and happy to load onto car carrier for shipping. Please be serious and know this is a running project that will need some work,no you can’t drive it home, no title, no tags. Priced at a reasonable $9500.

Its local, I really want a Troopy, I keep looking at the pics, I see the potential, but man, that rust looks terrible. I can't see how to take this on without a frame off and full media blasting. And you know how that goes $$$....

haha...just needs minor rust repair. Living in San Francisco my grandfather had some old Vespas that had been left in the yard, when we picked them up to move them they literally fell to pieces, I know rusty...

But I'm getting your for sale thread off topic, someone buy this so I stop contemplating it.

Its local, I really want a Troopy, I keep looking at the pics, I see the potential, but man, that rust looks terrible. I can't see how to take this on without a frame off and full media blasting. And you know how that goes $$$....

The front of the chassis looks quite clean....if the rest of the chassis looks that clean then thats a definite win. Chassis rust repairs are a real drudge. But for sure I'd have to pull the body off and do a full overhaul. that said...the rust to cost ratio for a stateside rarity is pretty good. I was just looking over the toys on gumtree...lots of good ones on there but all have that little shipping and import fee hidden on top of the price.

@rkymtnflyfisher here‘s your LV-sort-of fishing rig. Probably wouldn’t have to break down the flyrods to fit inside too! (maybe the Spey rods)

Remember 3k to 4K just to get it here! ! The frame is solid with only surface rust, no rust through no scaling, no delamenating. The tub needs work but it’s nothing that can’t be cut out and fixed. By east coast standards this thing is nice. Definitely Rusty by California standards! Just the 2h, h41, rear full float rear axle WITH a $1000 air locker is worth the asking price!!!

^This^

And with the floor ready to travel North and South America !

If I hadn't just brought a Hilux home I would be on the next flight out ... This thing has dirtbag desert camper written all over it

GLWS

Been working a little on the Troopy, oil and filter change, cleaned up some wiring, got the glow plugs working. Running and driving really well, actually quiet and almost rattle free! Last time I will try to sell here on mud. Would like it to go to a mudder, but pretty sure it will sell quick on eBay or I may keep it and build it.What could be more fun than putting a Troopy under the Christmas tree!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom