1981 hj47 any idea on value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased 1981 hj47 diesel 4 speed and would like some opinions on its value. Mileage unknown. Diesel runs well. Newer transmission and t case. Paint is lower quality ( looks good unless u get close) bed is Alittle rough.

20180926_203024.jpg

20180925_191353_Burst01.jpg

20180926_202923.jpg

A LHD HJ47? THat's one rare beast!

With or without the rabbit?!?

Thats a tough question to field From 3 pics and that description. 15-35k. Looks like somewhere in the middle third of 18-24 but just a guess going on what we know. If its costa rican bondo special then youd do well to get 12.

Bed is rough in what way? Rot?
New trans and tcase? Split case perhaps?

Other mods? Minus the color, It looks pretty stockish which will help your value along with the late model year and H motor. Appears to be stateside. Also a plus for value.

Yes its a LHD. I live in Missouri and had never seen another one so when I saw it for sale on the side of the road I jumped. I'm looking for value on the open market. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it and I don't want to invest more money than its worth into it. I'm also not sure if I wouldn't rather have a fj40. I appreciate all the feedback.

There is some bondo on it; tailgate has rot . Pretty rust free. Not sure on split t case. I think it might be lifted and of course the trailer rims.

Could be a Canadian truck , I like it .
We didn't get diesel 45s or vent windows in the doors. There might have been a dozen square bezel FJ45s but Toyota Canada stopped ordering LC pickups in 1978. The odd one escaped the mines but even there Cruisers weren't too popular until the BJ75.

Yes its a LHD. I live in Missouri and had never seen another one so when I saw it for sale on the side of the road I jumped. I'm looking for value on the open market. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it and I don't want to invest more money than its worth into it. I'm also not sure if I wouldn't rather have a fj40. I appreciate all the feedback.

so you're going to flip it.
what did you buy it for?
maybe ebay
you'll need lots more pics
probably needs a heater.

Between the bedliner and the pad on the apron being broken without being removed before painting speaks volumes in the quality of the restore. Fresh paint jobs often hide problems and in a few years when the paint is faded these problems will surface. Would never consider buying a freshly painted vehicle without doing a personal inspection. Would rather see a original paint patina to get a better idea what I'm starting with. Not sure I've ever seen a original cruiser from Central or South America I would buy. Being that LHD HJ47 was never imported to North America probably the biggest selling point this one has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom