1981 FJ60 5.3 Vortec H55F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Threw a connecting rod on the old 2f. Starting a 5.2 Vortec swap. A few quick questions:

• What Holly in tank fuel pump works with the stock tank? Part number?
  • Suggestions on exhaust manifold? Is Tru-Ram the move?
  • Is there an ideal radiator to use? I just installed a Champion radiator about a year ago.

IMG_6570.jpeg

IMG_6542.jpeg

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6506.jpeg

Last edited:
Threw a connecting rod on the old 2f. Starting a 5.2 Vortec swap. A few quick questions:

• What Holly in tank fuel pump works with the stock tank? Part number?
  • Suggestions on exhaust manifold? Is Tru-Ram the move?
  • Is there an ideal radiator to use? I just installed a Champion radiator about a year ago.

View attachment 2643564
View attachment 2643565
View attachment 2643566
View attachment 2643567View attachment 2643568

LS world....stock manifold passenger you need/want a rear dump header to clear the front drive shaff. Driver side you want a center dump to keep heat away from the slave cylinder.

Always ran an In-line pump for ease of changing/maintenance

stock fj60 rads make v8 swaps go round, the brass rads from my experience keep the rigs cooler longer, aluminum rads are cool but Experience says they heat up quicker And I now only use the stock brass rads.

should be a fun swap you’ll love the power and speed to come

Thanks for the feedback, here's what I've ordered.

Motor mounts: @Well Sorted : They look factory, use OEM GM mounts, excited to see these arrive!
Oil pan: GM Performance Parts 19212593 Oil Pan AKA "LS Muscle Car Oil Pan Kit": Should fit nice based on some research and nosing around and it uses OEM GM parts
Exhaust manifold: Corvette C6 manifolds (eBay), hoping these clear all the things fine. I was between these and the Tru-Ram but went with the OEM option, heat shield is a plus
Fuel pump: GPA Series in-tank fuel pump from Mosley Motors. I was trying to find a Holley fuel pump but went with this one because it was well documented on the Mosley Motors site as fj60 usage.
Tach guage: Speedhut from mosleymotors.com
PS line: GM to Toyota mosleymotors.com
AC hoses and adaptors: GM to Toyota mosleymotors.com
Wiring loom: Howell EFI (howellefi.com) I called and talked through my build and they make each to order, about a week turnaround at the moment.

Dang were you doing 6k burn outs when that happened....
JRA
C6 manifolds
Like these
stock manifold passenger you need/want a rear dump header to clear the front drive shaff. Driver side you want a center dump to keep heat away from the slave cylinder.
Might try to find a PS manifold if the c6 look like they'll interfere, although they point back... might work.

What is JRA ?
Just Riding Along. I've never heard it used in reference to a car/truck but it's a common saying when you work in a bike shop. You'll ask a customer "how did you break the fork?" and undoubtedly you'll get an answer that starts with "well I was just riding along..." I actually have a pair of cycling socks that have JRA on them.

Just Riding Along. I've never heard it used in reference to a car/truck but it's a common saying when you work in a bike shop. You'll ask a customer "how did you break the fork?" and undoubtedly you'll get an answer that starts with "well I was just riding along..." I actually have a pair of cycling socks that have JRA on them.
Ah yea new to me. And there i was JRA and bam

91D95758-6BED-4E7C-8CCD-6B852E2A21B3.jpeg

Motor on stand, oil pan swapped out. The C6 headers do not work with the OE motor mounts fyi.

Looking at other exhaust manifold options

I used sky off-road mounts, I’m still working through if a/c compressor will fit with modified mount. C5 manifolds, though I wouldn’t use them again as they have a one-off three bolt flange.

70D45FC0-5652-4990-88CA-2F8203BD623A.jpeg

2CD69A87-AFBD-4873-81CF-B8974C2046CD.jpeg

I used sky off-road mounts, I’m still working through if a/c compressor will fit with modified mount. C5 manifolds, though I wouldn’t use them again as they have a one-off three bolt flange.

View attachment 2656343

View attachment 2656344
Those manifolds look like firebird manifolds the other have two bolt flange and the o2 sensors bolt into the manifolds in between the front two cylinders and the back two cylinders. Obviously neither will work with truck oem motor mounts

Maybe but the part number is 12561256 and 12561255. They are 01-04 C5 Z06 manifolds. O2 sensor above the flange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom