1981 FJ40 Stock Spring Height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
The qestion is does anyone know what the stock leaf spring height was from the factory. Meaning to what ever reference point Toyota used from ground up to that point use what is the height.
I was asked this just recently and for the life of me cannot remember were I had seen this bit of information and what the answer is. Yes it did have a reference to height, and was used to know when your springs were flatting.

Anyone? :hmm:

Here you go. I had a custom set of stock height replacement springs built for my 1981 but haven’t put them on yet. Axles, trans/case are out for a rebuild so… I’ll know in about a month whether they restore the factory height or I missed the mark.

C91F2BFB-006A-42BB-BF98-63644542CA0C.jpeg

Is there anyplace to get stock hight leaf springs?
Not that I’ve found. Hopefully these will be available with the heritage program but we will have to wait and see. I paid a company to build a set for me. I can report back with the results once it’s on the road again. The stock springs use a steel that isn’t a common size. It’s thinner and wider than most springs so it’s a chore to find a company to do this because they truly have to be custom made if you want the 7 pack front and 6 pack rear.

I believe that is the 1970s diagram but it is close to what I am looking for. The most all year models had a simulator diagram. The model years were a bit different but I believe they use the same tire size in the USA from the factory for years other than the dealers making changes but did differ in the overseas models.

Thank guys

My friend is actuly having the springs reached as they have sagged in front (common) and the springs are good shape for this.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom