SOLD 1981 FJ40 parts truck SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an '81 that I picked up a few months back. It is super rusty. The tub is barely there, the rear frame is rusted and the shackle mounts are shot. The floors are gone, fenders gone, hood gone, roof rusted out.
The only semi solid metal is the windshield frame and the big isn't too bad.

Original 2f runs well. Most smog stuff is there but there may be some parts missing. I don't know these late trucks well.

Compression is: #1 165, #2 152, #3 160, #4 158, #5 152, #6 157

It smoked a bit on start up and when I first ran it. I did a little slow lap of the property and that all cleared up. I still think at least the valve guides are worn. But compression is nice.

Has power steering on it but the pump is missing, brackets are there, box is there.

The jump seats and roll bar are not there, front seats original, passenger in good shape.

This truck is NOT restorable, it is for someone to take parts off of for another 40.

Would make a sweet package with an older 40- 2f, disc brakes, 4 speed, 3.73 gears, etc.

I have a title from the previous owner. I consider it parts and really don't wish to put in my name.

I would like to get $2000 for it, without the plow frame. That is a break even number for me other than I get the crappy plow frame. I was looking for an early 40 to make a plow truck out of instead of my Polaris Ranger. Just more cool. This truck would do it but I just think it would serve a better purpose with the rare parts it has.

Shoot me a pm. I don't really want to part it because time is not on my side right now.

If it doesn't sell, plan b.

Thanks

20180711_193606.jpg
20180613_182716.jpg

20180522_190208.jpg

I can't do the whole truck but if the buyer (or seller) decided to sell parts I'd take the seats, steering column and wheel, some switches and possibly some other odds and ends. Just putting it out there..

I can't do the whiwh truck but if the buyer (or seller) decided to sell parts IdI take the seats, steering column, some switches and possibly some other odds and ends. Just putting it out there..

Duly noted, thanks.

Sale, and one seriously cool cruiser adventure pending.

If it doesn't happen I will note it here.

Thanks!

If you do part it, any chance you have the dome light cover? It has 3 words on it, "On, Off, and Door"

Sold! Going to good use, or parts of it going to good use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom