1981 BJ43 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, i have a 1981 bj43 and thinking of lifting it 4 inches. 3B engine and 32 inches tyres. A small research i have done i found a solution with fj60 leaf springs front and back. Has anyone tried it? What are pros and cons?

Hey, i have a 1981 bj43 and thinking of lifting it 4 inches. 3B engine and 32 inches tyres. A small research i have done i found a solution with fj60 leaf springs front and back. Has anyone tried it? What are pros and cons?

If you want to put 60's in the front you have to move the hangers as they are to long.

I have an OME 2" Lift in mine and it works fine.

@cruiseroutfit can you supply you with the right parts as a lot of shops will get the MWB stuff wrong.

Not a real good picture but that is with 33 x 10.5 on stock rims

PresureCleaning.jpg

Good morning/Kalimera Diomedes!

Did you consider the Terrain Tamer suspension kit from Australia?
Our co-Muder Shown has purchased recently a comlete kit for his BJ45 frame-off restauration/build:

PS. Currently I 'm having the OME kit on my BJ42 (and being satisfied). However, I 'm considering the Terrain Tamer kit for my future BJ45 PickUp build. The reason is not only the high Aussie quality, but also the better price against the OMEs: 2.000 euros (2.126 USD) for the complete kit, same price as in France or other EU countries. Moreover, they do have a vendor and a outlet in Greece (perhaps in Cyprus too)...

Last edited:
If you want to put 60's in the front you have to move the hangers as they are to long.

I have an OME 2" Lift in mine and it works fine.

@cruiseroutfit can you supply you with the right parts as a lot of shops will get the MWB stuff wrong.

Not a real good picture but that is with 33 x 10.5 on stock rims

View attachment 3029235
Awesome JDM truck BarnFab!
...and put in good use too!

On that last picture the rear axle seems to be a bit front. I want to avoid that and have my rear axle to be at the right position

Funnily enough that is 100% the factory location so it is in the Right Position as you call it . You can move it rear ward to make it look more correct but then it would be wrong not right :)

Funnily enough that is 100% the factory location so it is in the Right Position as you call it . You can move it rear ward to make it look more correct but then it would be wrong not right :)
:) and considering that OME is one of the truly best in the field so i believe you. :) thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom