SOLD 1981 BJ42 Soft-Top in Missouri (Sold) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For all the Land Cruiser enthusiasts who need to haul around giraffes - have I got a car for you!
We imported this BJ42 from a sunny, snow-free part of Italy, so the steering wheel is on the more convenient side.
Before it left, they replaced the clutch and starter motor.
We replaced both batteries after it got here.
It just had an oil change with a good quality Wix filter. At the same time, a new Wix fuel filter was installed and it got a double fuel system cleaning treatment. It also got a new air filter.
It has the frame for the top, but not the top itself. There are so many different colors and styles, I thought it would be better to let the new owner choose exactly which one he/she would prefer.
It has a 4-speed transmission.
The odometer is in km, but it converts to 73,778 miles.
We've already gone through all the stress of getting it here 100% officially, and have a clean and clear Missouri title for it.
It's priced at $24,900 $18,000.
It's located in Springfield, Missouri.
We also have a red 1982 BJ42 hardtop for sale if going topless isn't your thing.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Undercarriage pics would be helpful. GLWS.

We just got a cool old building on Route 66, and the darn roof is starting to leak after only 76 years.
Would anyone like to take this home for $18,000 so I can afford to fix it and stop getting dripped on? :)

Whats with the doors?
also looks like the undercarriage was sprayed ?

I think they're the normal doors, but someone cut them down to that angle and made kind of a finishing cap at the top.

I don't see signs of lots of rust. There are definitely multiple layers on it - from old undercoating to paint. Anything that keeps the elements away from the metal is good in my book. If I was speculating, I'd guess that instead of cleaning it really well and putting a really nice coating on it once, they just wiped off the dust and painted it ocassianally. It certainly isn't like the swiss-cheese frames on some of the field-find cars from here in Missouri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom