1981, 82, & 83 Toyota BJ44 wiring diagrams..? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Diagrams are Greek to me, so I might as well take a swing for all 3 years, hope my new wiring guy can decipher which harness I actually have, since Toyota learned how to do things the Ford way: use whatever you got until it's gone, hope no one notices. I have a Japan made, Japan release/sold 82 BJ44.. 2B engine, 24 volts.. I could also use an interpreter to get a better idea of production date.. Frame is K-BJ44V-KCY and serial is BJ44-006162. Knowing if this is before or after April(I think) could help a lot for parts down the road.. If there's a book out there that'll have what I need, any info greatly appreciated.

Replied to your PM.

Questions so we can get you the correct diagrams:

- Does your truck have the SuperGlow system?
- Does your truck have the convoy lighting/hazard? To check try turning your hazard knob when it's pushed in and if it clicks and your parking and license plate lights come on, then yes you have it.
- Do you have the single dash panel or do you have the removable silver and black dash panel?
- Do you have A/C?

That's a start to help us make sure you have the right diagrams for the relevant systems.

I would also like to snag any 1981 BJ44 diagrams if anyone has any. Other years or the BJ41 or BJ46 would also be helpful. I'm not working on anything specific right now, just want to have them for the future. Best I've got is 1 BJ42 wiring diagram, and the 1980 Land Cruiser chassis and body repair manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom