SOLD 1980 Toyota Pickup for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$12,000 1980 Toyota pickup. Very nice. I bought it a couple of years ago and have been working on it since.
The good: The guy I bought it from put a small block Chevy 350, dual exhaust, and an automatic transmission in it. He told me the engine had around 5000 miles when I bought it. He was the original owner but had very little information to pass on. It runs well, has taken some tinkering to get it there. I recently had the interior completely redone (Except the seats, they were fine) for $3000. It has an after market sun roof that doesn't leak. The transmission was rebuilt last year ($2000). New cylinder covers were put on today ($500). I had a torque starter put in a few weeks ago ($300). Starts very strong. 4 wheel drive works as far as I know, I've never used it. The front glass is new. 2 coats of rhino liner and the previous owner had it painted. Oversized radiator because of the larger engine. I had 2 extra fans installed. It doesn't over heat but it does get hot under the hood. Also, it has an after market sunroof the doesn't leak.
The bad: Like I said, the previous owner had no paperwork besides the title. It's taken a lot of time and money to get it to this point where it runs well consistently. There's an after market stereo/cd player, but no speakers. After I had the interior refurbished, I didn't put any in. Previous owner installed a lot of extra electric extras that I had removed to take it back to original. Cruise control (didn't work) electric windows (didn't work). In the process of removing all the non working electrical components, then dash lights stopped working. might be a fuse, but who knows. There's some rust under the paint on the outside of the bed. Non of it looks all the way through, so should be fixable. I'm not a mechanic, so asking me detailed questions won't really get you anywhere. Every time something went wrong, I took it to a garage. I dig this truck but it's not really what I'm looking for. If you're in the gulf coast area, come check it out

IMG_6373.JPG

IMG_6374.JPG

IMG_6377.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

Last edited:
Rules require you to state a price.

Nice truck, was the aftermarket sunroof a direct replacement for the factory sunroof? Can you point me to it? Thanks

In looking online, I see a 2 spoke or a 3 spoke steering wheel. Which one are you thinking of? Both are listed as 1980 toyota pickup.

Where is the truck located. I am interested if we can figure out how to get a stock steering wheel installed.
I talked to the mechanic who has done a lot of work on it and he said it hasn’t been modified so an original steering wheel will work, but I can’t find one. If you’re still interested and the steering wheel is a deal break pm me and we can talk about the price.

I talked to the mechanic who has done a lot of work on it and he said it hasn’t been modified so an original steering wheel will work, but I can’t find one. If you’re still interested and the steering wheel is a deal break pm me and we can talk about the price.

Nice truck, GLWS!

I have a nice three spoke steering wheel if anyone needs it.

I'm not sure on what the brand is, the guy I bought it from didn't have any paperwork. It's an aftermarket automatic. I had the transmission rebuilt in 2019, which was around $2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom