SOLD 1980 FJ43 OBO - 37,298 km (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
RED
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9NgYdzGcMefPoAC7
1980 Toyota Land FJ43 - 2F - H55F 5 speed - 37,298 km

This truck has been my daily driver in Austin, Texas for the past two years. I acquired it from Bogota, Colombia in 2018 a couple of years after it underwent a frame-off restoration. This was done by the 2nd, and 3rd owners sometime around 2014-2016. The two brothers had the truck painted in freeborn red, and also had the frame touched up in black. During this time an H55F 5-speed transmission was mated to the original 2F engine. With this upgrade, the truck can cruise at 65 all day, and even over 75mph if needed. The 4 wheel drive capability of this truck is unlike anything I have driven before. 1st gear, in 4-low, can climb some serious obstacles. It is also important to note that this is a unique FJ43 model. When it comes to comfort and handling the longer wheelbase is a great improvement over the more available FJ40. The rear bench seats can fit 2ea comfortably, and up to 3ea depending on passenger size.

When I purchased the truck I had the sides of the white top painted to match the styling of the US-spec trucks. Also during this time, the front drum brakes were converted to disc. Not long after I brought the truck to Texas I started making the "Daily Driver" upgrades to increase the comfort, and, more importantly, reliability of the truck. These upgrades or services included the following:

-Fresh Cooling system: OEM Radiator, hoses, coolant, and a mechanical temp sensor to get more accurate readings (with this the stock temp sensor was disconnected)
-Vintage Air Gen IV a/c and heat system
-Bilstein Shocks on all corners
-Ironman 4x4 Leaf springs upfront
-Birfield Rebuild - New seals, wheel bearings, studs, gaskets, and nuts
-Front Locking hub rebuild - new gaskets, hub studs
-New front wheel studs, and lugs nuts all around
-HFS front bumper with a period-correct WARN 8274 winch
-FJCO high-lift jack stand mount
-Hi-Lift 48" Jack
-Wheel Vintiques 16" steel wheels and 285/75r16 BFG A/T tires
-All New tie rods
-HFS steering damper
-Clutch cylinder and slave cylinder rebuilt
-New Toyota Alternator
-Retrosound Bluetooth stereo system with hands-free talking
-All electrical components work as they should, with the exception of the hazard switch that only turns on the right blinker. I will take this apart and attempt to clean the contacts with the mechanism.

The engine runs like a sewing machine. No matter what the temperature it has started for me without issue. It is quite slow but extremely reliable. Since I have owned it I have changed out all of the fluids including the transmission oil, transfer case oil, and front and rear diff oil. During the last two years, I have also changed the oil every 1000 miles.

The truck does not have any concerning leaks, but it does leave a drop or two every so often from the transfer case.

Since I have owned the truck I have roughly put 2,000 miles a year on it and have taken it on multiple 4-hour road trips without any issues. This truck has truly never let me down, and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere in the country. These trucks are truly unstoppable off-road, and a true delight to drive!

I am happy to meet you in person, but please do not waste my time. If you would like to test drive I ask that you have the funds available prior.

Asking price $45,000
Odometer shows 37,298KM
Texas Title in hand
call/text - 214/676/3084
email - jeffjohnhenry@gmail.com

car2 (2).JPG

car7.JPG

car24.JPG

car42 (1).JPG

car25 (2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back