1980 Toyota 4x4 Truck FS or Trade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1980 Toyota 4x4 Truck - SOLD

1980 Toyota Flatbed -$1650.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will sell the truck with the 38"s and wheels for $2100.00 or $1650.00 without them.

I have a modified 1980 truck that I no longer need.
The 1980 is currently daily driveable, although I took it off of insurance in May of 04. It has a flat bed that works and looks good. New windshield and gasket etc.

Mechanical:

20R - not a massive oil user by any means, does smoke just a bit but may be carb. Stock carb, nice header with thick flanges etc. 2 1/4" exhaust with no cat.

4-speed - no issues

Front and rear ends - 5.71 gears, front tru-trac and rear detroit soft locker. No known issues with these.

Suspension - 3" lift springs front with rear ad/leafs.

Body:

This truck has some dents etc. The worst part of it is the rocker under the drivers door. It looks bad when you open it, but not too bad when closed. There are dings etc. I would say that the truck looks decent running down the road but it is definately not a garage queen. It is tan in color.

The Good:

It is set up to run 38" tires. I built it for snow so It has not seen abuse in the rocks or mud. I just like the deep snow and airing out and floating etc. It does run good, and I did drive it too work several times a week through the winter. It has flares and mud flaps etc. so you can drive with 38's legally. All the lights work etc.

What needs help:

The left rear spring is weak and so it sags a bit to that side. The interior is not the best but not totally thrashed. The seat is decent, the dashpad is not great etc. The tachometer comes and goes. The speedo works, the fuel guage, and h20 temp work.

Conclusion:

If you put some tires on it you could drive it now. Remember, you'll need a minimum of 33" tires to even think about driving it at highway speeds. I have some roller tires and I can't go 40... This is a truck that can be wheeled and driven to work. There are no tires on it worth mentioning, just rollers.

Price: $1650.00 with extra parts.

For the full asking price of $1650, I will throw in some nice 63" springs, some 7-leaf waggys for the front, and a spare set of doors for half doors. I have a set of 38" tires that I could throw in for a few bucks more.

Trades: I am willing to consider trades for an FJ project or????Mopar???

Other parts available: I have 12 years worth of parts that can be made available. I have 4-6 engines, a spare third or two, front axle parts, 2 beds, 4 doors, 4 drivelines etc. Numerous flywheels, exhaust manifolds, alternators, H20 pumps etc. There is also another 80 cab with issues, but with a title.
There are also some spare radiators, and a complete PS system (push/pull).

Last edited:
I went ahead and put the spare 38's on it. $1900 for the truck with no spare parts. Make an offer for a trade or? I don't need the truck.

Thanks

I have a 1988 fj62 toyota landcruiser. The body isn't in the best condition and the interior isn't the best either. The front knuckles could use a rebuild which I plan on doing soon. everything else works great and is stock. I have had the distributor water pump , and smog pump replaced also. I would be very interested in trading. If you want to talk pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom