For Sale 1980 Rare LHD European Troop Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD !!!!!!

Up for sale is my 1980 HJ 45 Troopy. It has a clean California Title and is currently registered.

H- Diesel Motor 151,000 kilometers.
24-Volt
4-speed Transmisson
Freeborn Red
Snorkle
Roof Rack
New front bumper w/brush-guard
New swing away rear tire/cooler bumper
5 new BFG Mud Terrains w/ 16 " Toyota wheels
Odyssey batteries
New OME HD suspension
New rear bench seats (found frames in AU shipped recovered new foam)

As seen in the October/November TLCA magazine
014.JPG
016.JPG
016.JPG
010.JPG
007.JPG
P6100014.JPG
classified section

Mike (AKA Ghetto Fireman here on Mud)

SOLD SOLD

Last edited:
Curious, what kind of highway speeds could a H motor in that rig achieve. How much does it slow down when encountering a hill.

I haul my surfboards too and from the beach no hills. The "H" diesel is rated at 90 hp. It was originally sold at Bauer Toyota in Aupsburg (sp) Germany. My understanding is that it spent the majority of it's time exploring the Black Forrest. I bought it from a gentleman from BC about 5 years ago. Maybe a post or search on the diesel forum might help.

For those interested I had mechanic inspect it while in shop last week and it came away with clean bill of health! It's a great cruiser that has been cared for very well. It was reported as rust free by mechanic while he walked around and under it while we talked on phone.

A rare gem indeed!

SOLD !!!!!!!!!

And lastly, only rust area. Windshield frame, minor.

2015-02-01 12.41.39.jpg

Last edited:
Nice !

:clap::clap:

I love this rig. If I wasn't so deep in my fj40 project, or if it were done. Troopie is on the list and it would be nice not to have to redo everything. Good luck on the sale.

^ ^ This

:cheers:

if anybody else wants european cruisers, I have helped find, buy and ship for a few guys in the States now.

Giles

Awesome!!! I was all over my buddy up here to buy instead of a defender he wanted. Glad to see it sold

Good for you! Nice cruiser indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom