SOLD 1980 Mini Short Bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
Red
1980 Mini Truck short bed for sale $11,000

I bought this truck from the second owner who had owned it since 1982. I purchased the truck in November 2017 and had it shipped to Colorado from Southern California. The vehicle has approximately 150,000 miles (more on that later). The buyer of this truck will be given extra parts, a car cover, a bed toolbox, original wheels and all the records that goes along with the sale.

The pictures should illustrate that this vehicle has been well care for through its’ life and is for the most part all stock. An aftermarket lift, brush guard, side mirrors, CB radio, rear bumper and a two-piece sunroof are the only components that I can think of that didn’t come from Toyota. Changes I have made were new tires, wheels, roll bar, battery and wipers. There is one tiny rust bubble (underneath the paint) on the rear tailgate that is the only issue with the body. The bed is rust free and not covered up by a liner and the panels are all straight and original to the truck. All lights and electrical work. The windshield is in great shape. The frame has minor surface rust at best. The overall appearance and condition of the body and frame was about 75% of the reason why I bought this vehicle.

Mechanically the vehicle is solid but needs some care. My original idea was to change out the 20R with a new/ rebuilt motor (22R or variant or possibly a 3RZ) and replace the drive line once I decided on the motor. This vehicle runs and drives fine, does not blow smoke, stops fine and maintains its’ reliability. In the three years I have owned it I have put less than 1,000 miles. The odometer is stuck but my guestimate of 150,000 miles is proven by the records.

The interior certainly would not win any awards and the seat and door panels were re-covered in the 1990’s by the second owner. The dash cover has a small crack above the dash speaker. It was also something I did not get to during my ownership.

The other 25% of the reason I bought the truck is the records. The previous owner kept meticulous records on all his maintenance either by saved receipts or a notebook where he would log in every entry. I would conservatively say that I have a file on at least 90% of everything done to this truck since 1982. I built a spreadsheet to catalog all of his entries and I have become friends with the second owner over the sale of this truck. If provenance is important to you, I believe I have all the documentation on this vehicle to scratch your itch.

The reason for my selling of this vehicle is my own indecisiveness. I never could decide on which drivetrain I should go and then felt guilty about changing it from original. Thanks for reading and PM me with interest or questions. Randy

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

Last edited:
Does the AC work?

The records reflect a canceled check dated 9/6/94 to a body shop in LA repainting the exterior panels for approximately $1,100. I asked the PO and the vehicle had been keyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom