1980 hj45 troopy for sale. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A STUNNING MUSTARD 1984 HJ47 TROOP CARRIER

I was one of the first to import cars out of japan (which i've been out of for abotu 2 years now) and have struck a new relationship with a company in Austrailia to bring these fine vehicles into Canada. I will be bringing troop 45's and 74's as well as 74 pickups.
This unit HAS TRAVELLED 310,000 KLMS BUT HAS BEEN IMPECABLY LOOKED AFTER AND MAINTAINED BY A ELDERLY MAN MOST ITS LIFE.
THERE IS A WHOLE BAG OF RECEIPTS WITH THE VEHICLE(around 60) COVERING PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN REPLACED AND SERVICES,ALOT OF RECEIPTS FOR FUEL AND OIL FILTERS WHICH IS ALLWAYS GREAT TO SEE.
WE HAVE DRIVEN AROUND A 1000KLMS IN IT,CHECKED THE OIL BEFORE AND AFTER AND NO CHANGE IN THE LEVEL,IN 40C DEGREES WEATHER THE TEMP GAUGE SAT AROUND 160F MARK.
IT IS STAMPED A 3 SEATER,NEVER HAD REAR SEATS
FACTORY DISCS
IT HAS NO RUST,GARAGED ALL ITS LIFE,RUST PROOFED FROM NEW.
80 SERIES LANDCRUISER SEATS
VDO GAUGES
RADIATOR FAIRLY NEW
ADJUSTABLE KONI SHOCKS,CUSTOM LEAF SPRINGS BY BELTONS
EXTRACTORS,SHORT 2.5INCH EXHAUST SYSTEM

THE ONLY OIL LEAK IS A FEW DROPS ON THE BELLHOUSING FROM THE REAR MAIN SEAL,ITS NOT EVEN WORTH FIXING,THERE ARE NO OTHER LEAKS AT ALL.
GEARBOX,TRANSFER,DIFFS SOUND AND DRIVE WELL.
BRAKES ARE A1
FULL ORIGINAL TOOL KIT WITH TROUBLE LIGHT
THIS TROOPY REQUIRES NO WORK AT ALL,UNLESS YOU WANT TO PERSONALISE IT OF COURSE,OTHERWISE YOU COULD TAKE IT ON A ROUND THE WORLD TRIP NEXT WEEK.
For a truck this age, it is mint mint mint.
OG paint.
Full photo's will be found here.
http://1980hj47.shutterfly.com/
$16500

hj45

Same truck that was just on ebay, yes.
People are of course scared to buy something site unseen. In north america anyways.
I do not have my company established anymore. Used to be ridgerunner imports out of Nelson. Gave that up after battling for ever with the gov about rhd. Now look how many importers there are...... Govt is so annoying.
Anyways,
Now live in Victoria and have hooked up with a friend in Aus to bring over some troops and pickups.
Not much to be made, mostly doing it for the love to the toy.
This truck will be certified and registered in Vic.
Just trying to get her sold before she arrives.
It's a very nice truck!!! One of the nicest we've seen for that age.
If anyone has more questions, email me as i won't check here to often.
Thomasnottelman@hotmail.com
Talk soon.

Talk to thomas if your interested guys,the truck is still in oz,will be leaving next week or so,we are just tying up some lose ends before we start to send a few hzj75 pickups and troopys over,they will be rust free clean examples,if your interested in any get in contact with thomas.
This hj47 wasn't sold so thomas said send it over.

cheers goldchaser

Hi Dave & Thomas,
If you plan on selling these trucks to people in the US (the 84's and older, not the HZj75's), try and find a partner in the U.S.A to import directly to & hold there. Besides being cheaper, & faster to ship to (Port of Vancouver is known to back up all the time), and you don't have to worry about paying duty into Canada & then trying to do duty drawback once it leaves the country, you will avoid the extra vigilence of customs to this being a, "trans-shipment". technically it already is since the goods were made in Japan & sold in Australia. But if you then export from Australia, into Canada, to then import into the USA, you will draw suspicion. It isn't that you can't have legal reasons for a trans-shipment (this is a perfect example), but they are usually done in order to hide something, or at least cloud some issues. Also, it makes things that much tougher if you import to Canada butyou never do the transfer of title and register the vehicle in Canada and then sell to the U.S. (both on a customs side & on a title/registration side, for the new owner). If you can find a friend or partner, etc... here in the states, it will help you in the long run, even if you do make a little less money per truck.

Hope this free advice helps...
Best,
Abe

Last edited:
Abe no this truck is not going to canada to be sold to the usa,thomas will be selling in canada only.
We spoke about it a few days ago,he said he would run a feeler add before it arrives,i had no idea he was going to put it on here,when i seen he had listed it hear i thought,oh know,hear we go again!:D
Yes i understand what your saying,it would look a bit dodgey,canada then down to the usa,you would definetly have something to hide.
At least were getting along better abe:D
Someone reliable in the usa might be handy.

cheers goldchaser

Importer

I am in Texas, I don't know if it would help that I am closest to the Ports in Galvestion, or even New Orleans. If that could help, I have been looking for a good connection to import to the states. Please contact me if I can be of service.
Thanks

That truck is super sweet.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom