1980 FJ45 arkana pop top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What a bewdy! I have a 1977 FJ45 Arkana, ex Telecom vehicle. If you were ever going to part with her let me know she is in great shape rust wise. Is yours a 2 or 3 seater?

mash13 - mines a 3 seater. wherabouts are you?

yea a very nice thing apart from the obvious. i have considered letting this go to help fund some of the early projects that are more my interest.

Im in Mount Nasura near Kelmscott, the cab on mine is pretty average but the rear is solid as a rock. I bought mine off the fella who bought it in 82 off telecom. The chassis is in new condition thanks to the oil / kero mix the old fella religiously sprayed underneath after every oilchange.

sent you a pm with my contact details. i am in perth this weekend and again on wednesday.

we will see aussie25 - im not too stressed either way; ive never let one escape yet haha but one or 2 of my backburners could do with a little cashflow!

Here is a picture of mine here in the States

image.jpg

image.jpg

well... i have picked up this clean as front chassis cut. came 'as is' from a scrapyard so i dont 'have blood on my hands'. i cannot cut a good chassis; esp not when i see the drama our northern hemisphere cousins have sourcing decent frames. one day i must send them a container load for christmas or something. anyway pondering this. have a clever mate happy to tackle it is i get keen. still backburner project in storage.

145.JPG

WA
Good to see your chipping away collecting parts for the rebuild. I love the old bus mate as she's clean and like rocking horse $hit. I hope old mate can use part off the right hand frame rail when he puts her back together.

if we tackle it his plan is to use both the outer frame rails from between front member and shock towers. and the donor front member. but keep the original inner rails. not my skillset at all! getting some nice pieces for her tho. i like that shes rare and solid too; but i always like the rare stuff

All the wrecking yards on the east coast are getting good money for all landcruiser chassis. They are wrecking everything on them and some mob in Queensland buying whats left and are shipping stateside. All the landcruisers that are written off through insurance companies are going through the Auctions are getting brought from buyers overseas then shipping home repairing and getting registered. I'm a tow truck driver and see plenty of late model landcruiser shopping trolleys getting written because water got in and the carpets are wet no s***.

got a good 45 chassis to pick up also but just cant be bothered with a frame off for this; not without going diesel anyway.

yea i feel landcruiser has lost sight of their roots. i see a lot of landcruisers getting a lot older as regards the actual work ute fleet of west aussie. its a shame toyota stpped making the turbo 6 circa 2004; their last good ute i reckon. digital dash, airbags and computers dont do it for me as a work ute and the work i have to do. 79 was a pig and of course 75 are pretty indestructible if you can keep the gearboxes up to them. there a bloke in wa working on a kit to put the v8 box behind the 1hz motor; that would be a good combo. and ive said before; liner 2h and 4 speed in a hj75 = perfect haha. i am also going to work on 4 wheel discs for my work utes because drum maintenance is starting to s*** me! i do enough of that already on my hobby utes haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom