1980 FJ40 Carb Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't post very often, so forgive any faux pas. I am looking for a recommendation for a shop that can rebuild my 1980 FJ40 Carburetor, CA legal. I am on my fourth Carburetor in 21 years. The FJ40 has been non-oped for more than half of those years due to being labeled a "Gross Polluter." Siting idle for so long, I believe the Carb has just dried out. No fuel in the float bowl. I definitely do NOT want to send my factory carb to someone and receive a piece of junk Chinese made know off in return. I have had that happen twice. So I need to find a shop who will return the factory carburetor with all the essentials replaced with hopefully Toyota OEM rebuild kit parts. I live in Escondido - North County San Diego area. 92082. I would like to drop the carb off at a local shop, if possible. Recommendations please.

I don't post very often, so forgive any faux pas. I am looking for a recommendation for a shop that can rebuild my 1980 FJ40 Carburetor, CA legal. I am on my fourth Carburetor in 21 years. The FJ40 has been non-oped for more than half of those years due to being labeled a "Gross Polluter." Siting idle for so long, I believe the Carb has just dried out. No fuel in the float bowl. I definitely do NOT want to send my factory carb to someone and receive a piece of junk Chinese made know off in return. I have had that happen twice. So I need to find a shop who will return the factory carburetor with all the essentials replaced with hopefully Toyota OEM rebuild kit parts. I live in Escondido - North County San Diego area. 92082. I would like to drop the carb off at a local shop, if possible. Recommendations please.
Contact Mark after thanksgiving. He will probably have a backlog as i think he is on a vacation. It will be worth the wait, and you can just mail the carb to him after you speak with him. Leave him a message if you can, and he will call you back. Be prepared to spend some money. I had my 1980 FJ40 carb just rebuilt by Mark. It had some issues and he had to replace some parts. All in with parts and labor it cost me $750.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom