1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1980 FJ40 2F Carb Insulator

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 762fmj, Aug 17, 2006.

1. 762fmj

762fmj

Could someone please post a pic of a stock 2F carb insulator that is on a 1980 FJ40? I am converting from a Weber to a stock-like carb built by Mark. I dont really know what I am looking for. Oh, and if you have an extra one collecting dust I could give it a good home. Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. amandap

amandap

I have a couple laying around that I collected while trying to find the right one for my 78 2F. The main difficulty as I recall was finding the right vacuum fittings on the base, or black part just under the carb. Other than that, most can be fitted. I don't have pics but can get them in a week or so if you don't find a solution by then.

3. 762fmj

762fmj

Thank you! Hopefully Someone will post a good pic. How much are you asking?

4. amandap

amandap

Seems I gave about $30 -$40 for them. Not sure what they go for other than my crummy memory. I cleaned and clear coated with hi-temp coating on one or both. I think I have two, and a base without the heat shielding. I guess I need to look more closely when I get to the shop next weekend, and get some pics. I don't get prompts from this site when I have replies, so feel free to email me if you don't come up with something sooner. Sorry for the delay but I am between two homes these days...about every other week at the shop where the Cruiser is. Awkward but necessary for now.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">