1980 FJ40 2F Carb Insulator

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 762fmj, Aug 17, 2006.

1. 762fmj

762fmj

Could someone please post a pic of a stock 2F carb insulator that is on a 1980 FJ40? I am converting from a Weber to a stock-like carb built by Mark. I dont really know what I am looking for. Oh, and if you have an extra one collecting dust I could give it a good home. Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. amandap

amandap

I have a couple laying around that I collected while trying to find the right one for my 78 2F. The main difficulty as I recall was finding the right vacuum fittings on the base, or black part just under the carb. Other than that, most can be fitted. I don't have pics but can get them in a week or so if you don't find a solution by then.

3. 762fmj

762fmj

Thank you! Hopefully Someone will post a good pic. How much are you asking?

4. amandap

amandap

Seems I gave about $30 -$40 for them. Not sure what they go for other than my crummy memory. I cleaned and clear coated with hi-temp coating on one or both. I think I have two, and a base without the heat shielding. I guess I need to look more closely when I get to the shop next weekend, and get some pics. I don't get prompts from this site when I have replies, so feel free to email me if you don't come up with something sooner. Sorry for the delay but I am between two homes these days...about every other week at the shop where the Cruiser is. Awkward but necessary for now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.