1980 fj 40 for sale in Walhalla

Discussion in 'SC- Upstate Cruisers' started by cats48, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cats48

cats48

here is the CCOT thread:

Chris Parish
    I Live In Upstate SC
    Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:16pm

and I am trying to sell my 1980 FJ40. I've only owned it for two onths and I can already see that I can't afford to keep spending money to get this thing like I want it.
    I had a valve cover gasket, carb work (idles high), new fuel pump, new plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button, new heater hose, changed all fluids, and had it tuned up. The carb probably still needs to be adjusted. I am only asking 3500.00 for it. It has rust in all of the usual places but the interior is in VERY good shape. It has 124,000 original miles. Please e-mail me with any serious questions.

He bought it in Easley so some of you may have looked at it before. Its white but not the original color.

2. ALEXGAR

ALEXGAR

Interesting!

Thanks for the heads-up, Rick!

3. mhall10407

mhall10407

Has anybody talked to this guy or know anything about that cruiser? If it doesn't have much rust I might add it to my collection.
    Mike

4. cats48

cats48

I've looked at it. Got some rust bubbles rear quarter panel, rear seal, ambi. doors, front fender.

5. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

was this Rick Arflin's old 40? I know he sold it a few years ago but that owner may have sold it to Chris?

6. cats48

cats48

Gone down hill if it is. Chris bought it from a guy who used it in his construction business.

7. ALEXGAR

ALEXGAR

Construction. Geez, I hate when I hear these guy's abusing their Cruisers.... uh, wait, that's what we do for a living.

Never mind.

8. mhall10407

mhall10407

Sounds like there's a little more rust that I'd be interested in. Guess I'll just continue to search for that LWB 45 I've been looking for. :cool:

9. cats48

cats48

Rick Arflin

it's not Rick's. Rick's had a 2 1/2 pinnicle lift on it. This one is probably stock except for the shackles. Now that I think about it Rick's had a header too. Rust is repairable and its an 1980 I saw a P.S. pump but don't know if it works Chris was not home when I looked at it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.