SOLD 1980 FJ-40 For Sale, Fort Collins CO "Charlie Brown" (Sold) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So after much hemming and hawing, and generally dragging my feet as I would rather not go through with this, it is the right call. Charlie is up for sale. Would Like to see $15,000.

I am the current Caretaker for Charlie Brown, a Lovely Baby Poo (code 653) Brown Land Cruiser, I purchased this in 2007 and have had a blast with him since then. I purchased from a Gentleman in Park City Utah who kept it at his "Ski House" there. So I have every reason to believe the 83k miles on it are original. When I bought it it was pretty well bone stock, Since Then I have made a few changes and upgrades along the way

OME Dakar Medium Duty Springs, Shocks ( Summer 2007)

BFG ATKO 33x10.50r15 on factory Steelies ( Summer 2007)

Booty Fab Front Bumper and High Lift Jack Mount ( Summer 2008 )

Installed Lockright in Rear Diff ( Summer 2008 )

Pulled Terrible Holly Truck avenger Carb and installed a 1978 Aisin carb and linkage after I had Jim C ( TLC Performance) go through the carb and set it up to run in a desmogged setup (Summer 2008)

Conversion from manual steering with Mini Truck gear box and saginaw pump ( Spring 2009 )

So the Good things about Charlie,

He is just beat up enough that if you buy it and continue to wheel it as is, you don't have to feel bad ( I sure did not ) if you scratch him or dent a panel.

He is in good enough shape that if you want an instagram worthy truck it is still not cut up or So rusty that it could not be brought back to "nice" Condition.

The mini truck steering works great with the skinny 33"s

The Lockright while annoying in parking lots works pretty damn well off road.

There is a Cruiserhead forever Pig decal stuck to the Dash, With matching Key ring.

CD head unit has a 30 pin ipod connector wired to the Glove box.

Stock 2F and 4 speed

83k Miles.

Just rebuilt the Park Brake, Including new output seal. Didn’t feel right selling it without a brake.

Just replaced the Relay Rod end and Reset the Alignment ( not with gauges, measured and adjusted till steering wheel was centered)

I have to go with the sale some other goodies to go with him.

- set of soft Half Doors

- Booty Fab one piece tail gate I made to fill in the Amby door holes.

- soft bikini top.

- Set of 5 stock steel wheels with clips, still in original grey

- Truck when I bought it had a vintage air system in it, Did not work when I bought it and as I usually only ran with the bikini top I pulled it out. still have the under dash box, the condenser and the compressor.

- Still have the stock springs and shackles

The Bad

- The power steering leaks a bit, Nothing crazy but it will mark its territory after a week or two.

- The truck has been Desmogged. Was not me, but full disclosure it runs great for a de smogged truck

-The Thermostat housing is not correct for the truck, Has never leaked So I have let it be, but again full disclosure

- Rust in the rear sill / quarter panels

- Right Fender Lost a fight with a trench, subsequent repairs were done to Walnut shell smoothness. could be repaired, It just never bothered me.

- The BFG's are wearing unevenly in the center due to the stock rims.

So There it is, Truck is currently located in Fort Collins Colorado. I have the Ohio Title in my name in hand ( I lived there for 10 years before moving here ) I have gone back and forth over the last three years whether to sell him or keep him and repair the body issues and have a nice truck to drive on weekends. Or do I want to spring it over Change the steering to Saginaw and cut it up into something more aggressive. In the end I decided to Break my Leg back in April and Medical Bills are kicking my ass. Charlie needs a new home, Perhaps you can be his next Caretaker and make the decision of what to do with him next.

Some of you will say that the price is too high, You might be right. I don’t think so, I have been watching the market and I think it is fair for what it is.

Some of you might wonder if I would trade for a ( fill in the blank ) Sad answer is no, Not really. As much as I would love an FJ-60 with a SBC and a 4l80E in it I could use the cash to pay for the really sweet steel plate I have holding my Tibia together.

Any Specific questions ask up, I will try to answer to the best of my ability. I have quite a few more pictures, If someone is Seriously interested PM me and I will email you the rest that I have. If this does not sell in the next two weeks then I will deal with the Ass Hattery that is Craigslist. If it does I hope the new owner has half as much fun wrenching on, or wheeling as I have had. It has been a blast but the time has come...

Dave

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

IMG_8540.JPG

IMG_8546.JPG

IMG_8544.JPG

I have a ton of pics, If you are serious about buying my truck PM me and I will email you round one, After review of round one if you would like more let me know what specific areas you would like to see and I will take some more, Truck is currently in my driveway.

He is Sold, I will Post up if the deal falls through.
Dave

Someone got a good deal...congrats on the bittersweet sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom