For Sale 1980 BJ40 in Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! My name is Sergio, I´m a Forensic Pathologist here in Costa Rica (sorry if my english is not the best), I´ve been in this forum during a short period of time, I´ve completed a few transactions here with some members, you can also find me on eBay under ignaciovf with a 100% positive feedback. I love Land Cruisers since I hace memory, my grandfather had a BJ40, my father had a BJ40, I´ve had at least four BJ40's (a 1984 stolen ten years ago), and right now I own 2 BJ40´s, a 1979 and a 1980, I also own two 70 series, a 2008 pick up single cab and a 2015 double cab. I´ve been thinking about selling one of the old members of the "family" in order to get the last member of the 70 series, the long Wheel base 6 doors. I would like the old BJ40 goes to good hands and I´ve noticed the love you have for this model, that´s why I would like to sell it here. I´m the second owner of this Land Cruiser, I´ve done some work during the last months, my mechanic checked all the parts (radiator, tie rod ends, steering, brakes, etc), all is in perfect working condition, I have bought a lot of new original parts (roof weatherstrip, all doors weatherstrips, all emblems, rear mirrors, rear bumperettes, changed all the bushings on the rear spare tire carrier, etc, etc. You can check the pictures. I think, according to the prices I have seen, that $20.000 is a fair Price-----PRICE LOWERED at $15.000-----, let me know what you think, it is a numbers matching BJ40. If you are serious about buying it, you can stay for free in one of the houses I own and usually rent, during the timne you need to checj the car, make payment arrangements and complete all export arrangements. Let me know if you want specific pictures or a video. My email: sviquez@yahoo.com

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8785.JPG

Last edited:
That's a steal IMO, but you'd probably get WAY more serious buyers if it was already in the states with the customs red tape taken care of. I have been considering getting a diesel from another country, but all the particulars involved scare me to death. Basically once you buck up to buy the rig you have to see it through, and may have a lot of "unforeseeables" come into play.

^^^ x2! Well said. It is a beautiful rig -- if only she were in the states already. Sergio, thank you for the additional pics -- much appreciated.

Hi! Thank you both for the comments, yeah, I know it would be easy if the BJ was already there, it is a great car. I know there are a few americans here in Costa Rica buying and re-selling land cruisers into the USA but I don`t know why they inflate a lot the prices; you could buy a nice decent BJ40 6 to 8 years ago at $5000, but now everybody knows the story of the "gringo that buy Land Cruisers to resell at high prices in the USA", you can go to every little town in this country and every owner of a Land Cruiser tells you the same story. What I want to say is that maybe it is not that hard to export an old Land Cruiser from here to the USA, but there´s no need to ask a lot of money for a nice looking original BJ40. Thanks again for the comments Fletch and Toomanytoyzz and let`s see if I can find a new home for this rig!

Hi! Thank you both for the comments, yeah, I know it would be easy if the BJ was already there, it is a great car. I know there are a few americans here in Costa Rica buying and re-selling land cruisers into the USA but I don`t know why they inflate a lot the prices; you could buy a nice decent BJ40 6 to 8 years ago at $5000, but now everybody knows the story of the "gringo that buy Land Cruisers to resell at high prices in the USA", you can go to every little town in this country and every owner of a Land Cruiser tells you the same story. What I want to say is that maybe it is not that hard to export an old Land Cruiser from here to the USA, but there´s no need to ask a lot of money for a nice looking original BJ40. Thanks again for the comments Fletch and Toomanytoyzz and let`s see if I can find a new home for this rig!

I forgot to mention, I could receive a nice professional mountain bike, medium size, at a range price of $2500-$4000 in perfect condition as part of payment. Thanks!

Hi Fletch, No changes, the buyer is from USA and still have to wait for him to complete some arrangements. I´ll let you know if anything change. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom