For Sale 1980 BJ40 in Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! My name is Sergio, I´m a Forensic Pathologist here in Costa Rica (sorry if my english is not the best), I´ve been in this forum during a short period of time, I´ve completed a few transactions here with some members, you can also find me on eBay under ignaciovf with a 100% positive feedback. I love Land Cruisers since I hace memory, my grandfather had a BJ40, my father had a BJ40, I´ve had at least four BJ40's (a 1984 stolen ten years ago), and right now I own 2 BJ40´s, a 1979 and a 1980, I also own two 70 series, a 2008 pick up single cab and a 2015 double cab. I´ve been thinking about selling one of the old members of the "family" in order to get the last member of the 70 series, the long Wheel base 6 doors. I would like the old BJ40 goes to good hands and I´ve noticed the love you have for this model, that´s why I would like to sell it here. I´m the second owner of this Land Cruiser, I´ve done some work during the last months, my mechanic checked all the parts (radiator, tie rod ends, steering, brakes, etc), all is in perfect working condition, I have bought a lot of new original parts (roof weatherstrip, all doors weatherstrips, all emblems, rear mirrors, rear bumperettes, changed all the bushings on the rear spare tire carrier, etc, etc. You can check the pictures. I think, according to the prices I have seen, that $20.000 is a fair Price-----PRICE LOWERED at $15.000-----, let me know what you think, it is a numbers matching BJ40. If you are serious about buying it, you can stay for free in one of the houses I own and usually rent, during the timne you need to checj the car, make payment arrangements and complete all export arrangements. Let me know if you want specific pictures or a video. My email: sviquez@yahoo.com

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8785.JPG

Last edited:
Great Story

What do you mean by "numbers matching" ?

Joe

Hi Joe. Original ID plate numbers for frame and motor matches the numbers on frame and motor.

As far as I know you have the only BJ in the world that has the engine number either on the title or Vin plate.

Never seen a matching number BJ in the ones that passed trough my hands in the past 20 years.

Joe

And what do you think about this BJ40 from the pictures and the price Joe?

Hard to tell from the pics what kinda condition it was in before.

I lived in PTY for a few years and have visited CR many times.I have met many other LC guys there and a lot of "chapisteros" :)

The ticos can transform any Cruiser back in to a nice driver but the folks here in the US expect for 20k an unmolested 40 series and that is hard to find in Latin America or even Europe where I buy my Cruisers.

Joe

Thanks for the answer Joe. This BJ40 is in nice condition, I have done a lot of work and mechanically needs nothing, still needs work on cosmetically, as for the price I´m very flexible since I need the space for the new 70 series I want. ;):):grinpimp:

Sergio, do you have any more pics of the undercarriage -- frame, axles, tub, rear inner fender/quarter panels?
Any rust? If so, where? and pics?
Thx.

Hi Fletch. My mechanic has an elevator so I´ll go tomorrow to his shop to take the pictures of the complete undercarriage. I don´t see any rust, at least the usual spots are clean, I have worked on that but this BJ had minimum to no rust when I bought it, I guess there is rust in some places that are hard to see, but it has to be very minor. Thanks! Sergio.

I went to my mechanic´s shop and he is using the elevator working on a car so it was impossible for me to take the pictures of the undercarriage, he told me I could do that on Wednesday when he finishes the work on that car. I´ll take pictures next Wednesday. Thanks! Sergio.

Hi! Here are some pictures of the undercarriage. Also a price reduction $15.000 will take this BJ40. I´ll keep that price here as a buy it now price for some days, then, I´ll put it on eBay with that amount as a starting bid. Let me know. Thanks! Sergio.

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8927.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

IMG_8929.JPG

IMG_8930.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom