1980 BJ40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1980 BJ40 for sale

1980 BJ40 OR TRADE FOR DAILY DRIVER or a 40 gasser, 55, 4Runner, 80 etc

Rebuilt B diesel engine with 3,000kms (1864 miles) Has a few hundred thousand miles to go yet! It purrs like new. Engine was re-done in 2003

5 speed H55f with 5 speed shifter trans cover (no cutting/welding needed) Will get great gas mileage and do well on the trails

have a new skyjacker 2.5" spring set that I haven't put on yet.

cable rear parking brake

full floater rear

discs up front

4.11 gears

31x10.5 Swampers with plenty of tread left

Very Clean interior. Seats very nice. Needs paint on rear floor inside.

Top was taken off once (during shipping) Came off easy, no snapped bolts.

Glass is excellent

Original Mustard paint in great condition for it;s age. Plenty of nicks and scratches but nothing major...normal wear. Step and rocker area is just worn paint and not rust

Has some rust in the curves of the rear tub corners but nothing too bad but there is some work to do.

Frame is mint ie. no rot or bends. needs a wire brushing and a cleaning but it's still too cold to bust out the garden hose and get on it yet

No rot underneath. Superficial surface rust so a wire brush an some paint will do it up nice.

Front right fender has some minor rot but I have a perfect spare for a few $$ extra.

I have the original owners manuals and repair records as well

new taillights

Oil changed with Rotella

New fuel filter

Headliner in great shape (needs cleaning)

New rear corner reflectors

Set of original split rims included

Roll bar comes with it but not installed yet

Basically this is good to go as-is. With a tiny bit of bodywork and some paint it would be insanely nice but it's very nice as-is. Other MUD members have seen it and if interested I can give you their names for a reasonably unbiased opinion

Trades welcome!

$10.5K or best. Located in Millis, MA
DSCN2584.jpg
DSCN2586.jpg
DSCN2599.jpg

Last edited:
more pics
DSCN2587.jpg
DSCN2588.jpg
DSCN2585.jpg

Last edited:
new pics.
DSCN2590.jpg
DSCN2591.jpg
DSCN2592.jpg

Last edited:
bump with new pics
DSCN2595.jpg
DSCN2598.jpg
DSCN2601.jpg

Problem spots. Minor rust on rear corners. Easy fixes. has one dent on right rear ambulance door like someone pushed it in with a fist. Frame is very nice with no rot but has some superficial surface rust. Haven't had time to wire brush it and hit it with paint. Will clean up easily and nicely!
DSCN2602.jpg
DSCN2603.jpg
DSCN2604.jpg

Bump for a hot BJ

Title is in! Going on eBait next week. Shoot some offers out if anyone is interested. Might do a partial trade for a very cheap beater rig (40 or 55)

I hate my neighbors too much to own one of those. Looks nice though. Not too many open spaces around here to use it here.

Bump for ya Johnny.:D I can verify that this is a really nice rig, and it drives great.

Josh

Bump that shizz....

Heading to eBay as soon as I can find a free minute which will likely take a few days.

Project 40 or 55's considered as partial trade but prefer the bulk in cash money.

Bump it!

Daily driver trades strongly considered in partial trade. Anyone??? 4Runner, 80, 55, 40, 45, VW, Subaru, Yotas, c'mon.........

If you were closer to Washington state and my wife wouldnt kill me I would love this thing! Even have a 78 fj40 for part trade! Good luck though!!

Sold that bad larry about 7 months ago. sorry I didn't update. It happily resides in Austin TX

Swampers are great off road tires but wow:

DSCN2587.jpg

Glad you sent the truck to Texas. We will take all the 40's we can get down here. It looks like it is a great truck.
DSCN2587.jpg

Hey...I sold those swampers to John and that was the most weights they would put on. It was still about 5 oz to light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom