1980 BJ40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Flipper

Master of Nothing
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rinnadvisors.com
Figured I'd offer this baby up to YT people first. Will need a month or so to get it ready and have the title in hand. Maybe 3 weeks. MA state RMV is an evil mistress.....

1980 BJ40

UPDATE: Just checked the paint code and it it original paint code Mustard 532! The tub edge had some tan so i thought it was tan but that must be primer or something

Rebuilt B diesel engine with 3,000kms (1864 miles) Has a few hundred thousand miles to go yet!

4 speed H41 (currently has a 5 speed which could be negotiated for extra $$)

1984 LX model axles ie. cable rear parking brake, full floater rear, discs up front

Very Clean interior

Mustard paint in decent condition. Could use a sand and repaint but I'm picky. Plenty of nicks and scratches but nothing major. I waxed the hood and it looks amazing from about 15 feet.

Has some rust in the curves of the rear corners but nothing too bad but there is some work to do.

Frame is mint

No rot underneath.

Front right fender has some rot but I have a perfect spare for a few $$ extra.

Things I plan on doing before selling:

Tires and rims (will include the 4 split rims as well) Tires are junk so will find roadworthy tires. I have a set someplace in VT so I'm trying to grab those.

Replace springs

attach and paint bumper

clean up body and interior

new tail-lights

Basically this is good to go as-is aside from the tires. With a tiny bit of bodywork and some paint it would be insanely nice. Going to avoid the rattler on this one.

Best offer. Happy to take $$$ off if you feel like doing the above fixes yourself as I have limited time these days.

Pics are posted below. Original pics were blurry and dull

Flipper lives.

Last edited:
Tempting as it would be better with kids but I would hate to have to get rid off the 45.

How much will it cost to have you stop the hand rub and other fixes?? I hate sloppy seconds. :hillbilly:

BJ pics. had a bunch of requests for better pictures
DSCN2560.jpg
DSCN2561.jpg
DSCN2562.jpg

more BJ pics

That's not rust on the rocker panels, just worn off paint

Note the bondo spot on the back curve spot. Essentially the only major spot on the whole truck. No bondo anywhere else that I can find.

Frame has superficial surface rust. Needs a wire brush and some rustoleum
DSCN2563.jpg
DSCN2564.jpg
DSCN2565.jpg

last batch

Glass is mint and has new window seals

Seats are near perfect.

Door panels very good too

Dash paint is clean and shiny

4:11 gears in the rear end. Someone asked and I had forgotten to mention that

You know you want it!!!
DSCN2566.jpg
DSCN2567.jpg

Last edited:
Just realized it's the original paint! Code 532 mustard. There was a tan color on the top edge of the tub so I thought it might be a repaint but it isn't!

I should clarify that I have a rear driveshaft for a 5 speed but not for the H41.

So you came back from Joliette with the 70, i hope you were able to pull out a good deal, this one has been for sale for long.

got the bumper painted and put back on. painted up the hood hooks.

added the white wagon wheels. Tires are a bit big for it but they work. Getting a set of rear springs this weekend to put in which will fix the rear ride height.

Almost done!
DSCN2570.jpg
DSCN2571.jpg

They look better on that truck than they did on mine. Looks good, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom