SOLD 1980 BJ40 Central Virginia $10,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
1980 BJ40
  • Purchased from Portugal.

You can examine this 40 and only find a tiny (Dime size) spot of rust.

Clean Title.

DOES NOT RUN!

After many dollars I’m done! I hate to put a pencil to how much I have spent on this 40 over the last few years.
    • Compete brake overhaul, all new wheel cylinders and shoes.
    • Power steering upgrade from IPOR.
    • Five new tires.
    • In line fuel separator.
    • New heavy-duty battery.
    • Rebuilt starter.
    • New aluminum radiator.

• I return from a nice long ride, truck was running perfect like it always does. No smoke or any issues at all. I park it for an hour, then starts up sounding “different” stalls out and that’s it! Locked up, engine will not turn.

What I do know:
    • Oil level is right on.
    • Coolant level is right on.
    • No leaking (other that the normal drop or so)
    • About to turn 250,000 Kilometers.
    • Everything (other than the engine) works, every light, even the windshield washer.

• As I said, I’m done, I was fortunate enough to have a incredible mechanic who grew up in Latin America working on these trucks, but now he is getting out of the business and I do not have the skill nor tools / shop to deal with this.
    It could be something simple or major, I will never know because I’m selling it as is.
    Available for pick up at my home in Charlottesville, Virginia. 70 miles west of Richmond.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want any specific pictures.
I'll set it up on eBay at the end of the week.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_2025.JPG

Post some more pics! I don't know why but I kinda like the color and generally I'm Blue Tan and White

The livery has been removed. I felt the same way, safety vest green was not my favorite. But now the whole family is in mourning.

0C580B3D-10C3-4C88-BF6C-7CF64748817B.JPG

IMG_0265.jpg

I was told that I needed to put in a price or my post would be deleted. I put $10K. I have had several offers not too far off from that. Two people coming from out of town to see it tomorrow. I have never done this before so please be patient with me.
Thanks for all the messages. Mike

I’m interested , can you text me your number

631 873 6912

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom