For Sale 1979 Toyota landcruiser FJ40 - Santa Clara (Rust Issues) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine, my feeling is if you are a competent welder and you are not into FJ's, you are missing out on endless work

-----------------------

79 FJ40 runs and drives. Clean title and current reg.
Mostly stock has a strong running 2F with 4 speed. Sitting on a 4 in spring under lift, running 35s. Axles are factory 3.73 and has a Detroit locker in the rear. Fresh fuel system, power steering, and transfer case seals/bearings. New belts and oilpan gasket. New Distributor, coil, plugs and wires, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets done
Comes with hardtop.
Asking 7k OBO, not looking for any trades... unless its landcruiser related.

This is still very much a project and could be a good platform for someone wanting to build a crawler or just have a weekend cruiser to play with.

Pros:
Fully rebuilt fuel system filler neck to carb.
New fuel filler neck and gas cap
Fuel tank boiled and coated (SJ radiator) new fuel sender and stainless fuel pickup
Stainless steel chassis fuel hardlines
New fuel filter
Rebuild factory Toyota Aisan 2 barrel carb
Saginaw power steering conversion. Steering box out of a Scout II.
Valley hybrids power steering pump bracket
Billet power steering pulley
New PS and alternator belts
All the glass is original and in very good shape (minus cracked windshield)
The interior is mostly complete and in decent shape considering it is a 40+ yr old 4X4, has the 1 piece Toyota factory rubber floor mat.

Cons:
Body had some advanced rust in the typical land cruiser rust areas (lower doors, rockers, floor, rear sill)
Could benefit from a front end alignment
Wiring needs some attention (headlights and brake lights not working)
Needs weather stripping around doors
Warn winch pictured is not included

00L0L_ixoRwZ4NGUt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_i1XlPzMsxsS_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_hiXL84czhcc_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_gluoIvMAZjC_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_lDmPLFTtl01_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

This 40 has been posted on Craigslist on and off for a while now....and if my memory is correct, it's a Mud members 40.

Don't remember the username, though I do remember a thread about it.

This 40 has been posted on Craigslist on and off for a while now....and if my memory is correct, it's a Mud members 40.

Don't remember the username, though I do remember a thread about it.

Yep a guy bought it on here and made a build thread. Got it running and to where it's at

I’m going to go look at it tomorrow. The rust seem pretty bad. What y’all think is a fair price?

There's no driver front fender? that's a lot of body work, maybe get my 72 tub for 10k after you get this for cheap, then source a hard top

I've been searching for the thread on the build but can't find it
I thought it had something to do with "79" in the thread or smog 79 or ??? There definitely was a thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom