eBay 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser - Green Hard Top Pretty Original Nice Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I usually don't post Ebay rigs but this one is pretty original and I like the interior.

$21,500
---------------------------

This is an extremely original 1979 FJ40 with factory power steering. No modifications or poor restoration jobs. This cruiser spent its entire life on a farm in Winder, GA until the owner died in 2017. All the original bits and pieces are still there, the oem radio delete plate, original Koito headlights, oem heater, both dash pads with no cracks, even one of the original keys. No signs of previous paintwork or bondo anywhere on the vehicle. Everything works: Windshield wipers, heater, defrost, all lights around the vehicle. I believe the mileage is original and that the odometer has not ever flipped.

I have a ton of high res photos available to see here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNlbVimmdok2stY7vP0D0lWaypfjbd6IeldSFfuVLppJeBOOG9YPAvcQHJbndT-uw?key=R0pYc2JHa0pRcnNWQXZNSUZLRmo5cktSTDhoa2dR

I have receipts that show engine work done in 2017 including a new carb and an engine head job, along with associated gaskets. Tires are brand new 31x10.5 KM3s from earlier this year. This vehicle runs and drives very well. The only rust areas that need replaced are the drivers floorpan, the rain gutter for the top, and the bottom section of the right door. The frame has zero rust, and the sheet metal around the vehicle overall feels very strong. The power steering gearbox does leak, I contacted west texas offroad who said they can rebuild it. The engine and trans do not leak at all. Call or text me at 205-433-9764, $500 deposit required for me to pull the ad down and mark it sold.

s-l1600 1.jpg

s-l1600 2.jpg

s-l1600 3.jpg

s-l1600 4.jpg

s-l1600 5.jpg

more

s-l1600 6.jpg

s-l1600 7.jpg

s-l1600 8.jpg

s-l1600 9.jpg

s-l1600 10.jpg

more

s-l1600 11.jpg

s-l1600 12.jpg

s-l1600 13.jpg

s-l1600 14.jpg

s-l1600 15.jpg

more

s-l1600 16.jpg

s-l1600 17.jpg

Good find, thanks for posting.

Like the patina!

I tried making an offer on this one, it was listed previously and then sold. The buy it now was clicked before my ‘best offer’ got a response. I figured it was sold but then it popped back up a second time...not sure why? I also think this might have been for sale several months ago by the same or similar type dealer. IIRC it was less cleaned up and sat on ugly tires, etc. with a price tag around $16,500 (again, if memory serves).

I tried making an offer on this one, it was listed previously and then sold. The buy it now was clicked before my ‘best offer’ got a response. I figured it was sold but then it popped back up a second time...not sure why? I also think this might have been for sale several months ago by the same or similar type dealer. IIRC it was less cleaned up and sat on ugly tires, etc. with a price tag around $16,500 (again, if memory serves).

I think you are correct and I remember it a few years ago out of Bishop CA for 8K

My buddy bought that one in Bishop (78) a while back and he still has it. It’s an awesome rig.
This is a different rig.

My buddy bought that one in Bishop (78) a while back and he still has it. It’s an awesome rig.
This is a different rig.

That one was a score! I called him quickly and said I could come down that weekend and it was gone almost instantly

Are you guys by chance referring to the one with the majestic photos with the large tractors in the background? It was some years ago, but that was the patina green 78 that I ‘just’ missed and the loss solidified my cruiser addiction...I still have the photo as the background of my iPad

That one was a score! I called him quickly and said I could come down that weekend and it was gone almost instantly
Yeah I should have snagged it but my buddy had been looking for a while so I was a nice guy and sent him the link :bang:
He does take good care of it and I have first right of refusal if he ever wants to sell it :)
100% rust free

This one was for sale in outside of Atlanta about 4-5 months ago? Cant remember the price but i am pretty sure it is the same one.

Maybe it's the second stout of the night talking, but this is tempting. I'm a little worried whether the rust is too pervasive for the $21k price tag. Considering what's selling for $20k on BAT, it's hard to say.

I’m tempted also...but it’s bad timing for me, I’ll be looking for something like this in the spring. Keep an eye out and please let me know if anyone sees something I’d like.

I made a ‘best offer’ and the seller countered with $19k...I’d probably go $17k if I could get eyes on it. Anyone nearby? Bad timing for me for both the pickup and storage but I think I’ll kick myself in the spring if not.

Am I missing something - it looks like almost the entire rear tub would need significant metal work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom