craigslist 1979 Toyota FJ40 Cruiser - $22,000 (Boise) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
not mine

All original 1979 Toyota FJ40. This truck spent its life in wine country and was used reliably until stored in a barn for about 25 years. It runs great, with all features and functions in full operating condition. Even the things that break and people ignore. Has the optional power brakes and power steering as well as the improved ratio for fourth gear, which became available in 1979. The body could use some work, with dents in both fenders and some rust in the rear, near the tail-lights, like many of these trucks. See the pictures. Only surface rust on the frame. You can drive this now, go for a full restoration, or do a rolling restoration if you chose.

00H0H_9z12ET9eO61z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_6YcBw966UO0z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_bYfLwhxj7qCz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00303_6XSy8FXBRjrz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

01212_hxc4cofgzy2z_0c60lw_1200x900.jpg

more

00F0F_7QLl7h3I5Q7z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

😍

What is the deal with this one? It has been for sale for some time? Am I missing something?, or is the owner just not flexible with the price?

It's been available for a very long time, I thought a member looked at it or was going to?

You will notice no rear pictures. If you ask the owner he will send pictures of the rear with diamond plate removed. It will need significant body work. Still a nice FJ40.
I was curious about this one (never had a ‘79-‘83 40) and emailed the guy. It was at least 2 months ago. Yes, he emailed me pics w/out the diamond plate as well. Looks like a good 40, but you’re right…at some point it’s going to need some metal replaced in the back. I’m sure shipping costs right now are pretty steep…If I were closer, I would definitely dig in a little more.

I looked at it a couple of months ago. The guy will let you take it out for a drive alone, which I did. The engine was already warm when I got there, which was a bummer. It started fine. The engine ran strong. I took it up to about 45mph and didn't feel anything to be concerned about. The clutch bite was at the tip top which was weird but it shifted fine. There was rust and dents which aren't well represented in the photos. Bottoms of both doors are rotted through. Rear sill rot. Under the cargo and floor mats are pretty bad. Rear quarter panels as already mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom