SOLD 1979 Original Survivor FJ40 w/2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Olive
Outside Link
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/gig-harbor-toyota-fj40-land-cruiser/7468875531.html
A true barn find! Please see the before picture when this was pulled from a barn out of the PNW. After carefully addressing all the issues as a result of being parked, this FJ40 now runs great and polished up very nicely. This is a VERY clean Original 1979 US spec FJ40 survivor in really nice original condition. All original Toyota parts (including all smog equipment in tack). This runs excellent and starts with the flick of the key. There is some very minor patina rust (wouldn’t consider it cancer) in a few places. The rear sill and bed are rock solid, they do have surface rust with light checking in the bed. All the patina has been protected with “Patina restorer” from Eastwood Company. I want the new owner to see how well this vehicle has survived all these years without being painted. I’ll leave it for the new owner to touch up paint or leave those minor imperfections. Driver/passenger floor boards have zero rust or holes (see pictures). Brake master cylinder has leaked over the years and lifted the paint on the drivers side firewall below steering column. New brake master cylinder soon to be installed. This has great power, shifts super smooth, and would have no problem driving freeway speeds.

Recent work has consisted of;
New radiator
New plugs
New wires
Oil change
New fuel filter
Original Aisin carb rebuilt
Brakes bled

$34,999
Chris
253-405-0252
93D112C2-FCA1-48B3-A1B6-FBAEA3EDC7EA.jpeg

402F9D91-DD41-4D8A-AB1D-68F5A6144144.jpeg

DD4AB480-F1F4-4B72-9547-848EEA7D3D76.jpeg

319DA78E-3C52-43A7-8FA1-9A7029F1FE5A.jpeg

D7B3BFB8-7B2C-40A9-90C2-A6E93E98CE32.jpeg

Pretty sweet truck. It looks like you should buy a silver star to help with your sale and support IH8MUD.

Thanks for everyone who commented and expressed interest in this Fj40. The new owner is local to the PNW and plans to enjoy this in retirement. 🍻 to your new adventure.

My neighbor is the one who bought it. Going to go through it and make a solid, reliable driver out of it. I’ll post more about it as I go through it in the 40 forum.

My neighbor is the one who bought it.

the neighbor couldn't drive it to his place?
doesn't seem like it will take much to make it a solid and reliable driver

the neighbor couldn't drive it to his place?
doesn't seem like it will take much to make it a solid and reliable driver
Seller lived about 2 hours from us. We drove down to look, then went back with my trailer once a deal was struck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom