For Sale 1979 HJ45 ( Houston) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly I've decided after finding my "unicorn" that I need to focus resources on finishing off my 80 ( new HG and perhaps a Wits End turbo kit....) and some other higher priorities....

so, sadly putting the HJ45 up for sale...... I picked this up as a Costa Rican Import this spring with plans to fully go thru it - it's in great shape for the most par, but was skimmed with bondo and repainted a few years ago.... and the bondo in fenders and tailgate is now revealing itself .... I picked up and will be selling it with new tailgate, fenders and almost all the gaskets, seals and hardware to take it back to mint condition as well as a few upgrades.... ( ARB bumper etc). The frame and underside are in great shape with nothing other than light surface rust, and it looks like it was never wheeled.

The truck runs really well - I have done several 3- 4 hour outings in her thru the Texas hills, the AC works well and the Diesel runs really smoothly... It's had a new clutch, radiator, belts, hoses and misc done since I picked it up - as well as the rear end rebuilt to correct play. It does have power steering and the PO said the injector pump was redone last winter.

She also has a fresh Old Man Emu suspension and currently is running Bridgestone 33" AT's - bushings were replaced, and the shackles and frame pins are zerk fitted.

I had my body shop look it over to give me an idea on strategy for rehab- they planned to hydro blast and do a frame off - but didn't find anything other than the fenders and tailgate that was an issue. if it didn't have the bondo poking thru it wouldn't need anything, but it just offends my senses !

The interior is very clean - redone seat in factory vinyl and matching floor mat. I have new door cards, handles, visors etc that will complete it... it could likely benefit from a new dash cluster as the current is unlikely original and has a dent with low quality paint work

Will be posting up a full batch of pics later today - but feel free to PM me with any questions.

Asking $ 24,500 - delivery within a few hundred miles might be possible as well.

E

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

Last edited:
Nice. Looking forward to seeing some more detailed pictures.

sorry - had unexpected travel come up but back and it's nice so hope to get a batch taken this afternoon.....

a slew of pics - let me know if anyone wants to see something specific .... hoping to get it on a friends lift to do full underside
IMG_4263.JPG
IMG_4264.JPG
IMG_4265.JPG
IMG_4266.JPG
IMG_4267.JPG

Price Drop to 24.5k to find her a new home....... about to start building a new garage and need to clear out the storage.......

PM me if you have questions or want details etc..... hoping to post up a list of all the new / OEM parts that I bough to resto it with that go with it..... it totalled over 5k ..

Last edited:
moved price to 24.5k - and will get pics and a list up Sunday of all the parts that will go with it....

Nope - I have not had the chance to

SOLD - stoked to see it go to a great new owner with some neat plans for it I suspect.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom