BaT 1979 FJ43 Frame-off restore with some upgrades (auction live on BaT) (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ43 Bring a Trailer Auction - No reserve

This FJ43 came to me in amazing cosmetic condition from a Columbian who had moved to Canada after having it frame-off restored in Colombia in 2014. He wasn’t using it and I picked it up and imported it to the US in 2016. I quickly realized the engine and accessories were in sorry (but pretty) shape so I called on my local vintage engineering shop (Northumberland Engineering out of Southampton) to go to town on it. We added the family cage, rear bench, 3 point seatbelts (for car seats), dual ARB lockers and rebuilt the transmission, transfer case and the various other motor accessories that needed attention. I then used it for 3 years and have had immense enjoyment from it– looks great, starts perfectly every time, plenty of power (for what it is) and the kids loved it.

It’s a good one for sure. Only reason I’m selling is because my family grew and we’re on to larger vehicles…

oCgQNPMjTKaL49oDojcysQ.jpg

I think it could have gone for a lot more...
Yeah but market says otherwise. I thought it would have hit $30k but shows what I know :(

I was really suprised it didn't sell for more. Might be a rare case where something might have sold for more on MUD than BaT!

I think it could have gone for a lot more...
Kool truck but 3 years on the beach in Montauk? Rust never sleeps and salt is an accelerator. Having windsurfed Napeague for 25 years and had a lot of trucks evaporate on me , I could never bring myself to drive my 40's on the beach. I do remember a new one stuck in the surf in 1979, that was a sad sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom