Builds 1979 FJ40 Old School Overhaul (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There went the kids college fund!

Use plenty of this...
20160409_102923.jpg
20160409_111501.jpg

Found my power steering cooler... Harley Davidson oil cooler . .. hahha I own a Harley!! Thanks to my PO , @sherwood.
20160409_111746.jpg

Oldschool : I've long been knowing about your '79 and have long been interested in knowing how your close your FJ40 is to that of mine, in terms of when born. Mine is from March and is #302932. Would you mind to let me know about the month of yours? Thanks ~Marc

Oldschool : I've long been knowing about your '79 and have long been interested in knowing how your close your FJ40 is to that of mine, in terms of when born. Mine is from March and is #302932. Would you mind to let me know about the month of yours? Thanks ~Marc

VIN: FJ40 301811
BUILD: MARCH 1979
ENGINE: F2 352909

Here it is Marc. 1121 apart!! Mine was built March too..

Here it is Marc. 1121 apart!! Mine was built March too..
Thank you SO MUCH (Doug ?). I've long felt/sensed your vehicle was somehow a twin sister of mine - and here we find she is (both March). Simply a hunch I've had for a year or so now, but I'm glad I finally asked. A Big Cheers to you - from north of Atlanta ~Marc

Last edited:
Thank you SO MUCH (Doug ?). I've long felt/sensed your vehicle was somehow a twin sister of mine - and here we find she is (both March). Simply a hunch I've had for a year or so now, but I'm glad I finally asked. A Big Cheers to you - from north of Atlanta !! ... literally just down the street from Rick (@GA Architect ) ~Marc

North Georgia isn't too far away from Nashville!! Yes it is Doug.

I find it interesting how certain things "speak" to us. I feel the same way about my 40. After I bought my 40 and became a member of Mud I was kicking around here on Mud and came across the posts of the previous owner of my 40. His name is John Milton Sherwood III., @sherwood. Reference thread I started in search of him, Searching for lost history. I was hoping to talk to him, but alas, he passed away a few weeks after is last post in 2005.

I enjoyed looking at all of @sherwood 's posts to see what up grades he preformed.. when I saw the Harley Davidson "oil cooler" I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it was his 40. He made all the upgrades I would have done myself.

I have three 79's sitting here:

feb #299943
feb #301452
mar #302029

Sooooo, Eric, need one of those lifted off your hands??

Eric : I suppose the fuel tank is inside & under the passenger seat on both of your Feb vehicles ? ... Thanks, ~Marc

yes all are 79 model year as well as born in 79 (vs possibly born in late 78 but being 79 models)

North Georgia isn't too far away from Nashville!! Yes it is Doug.

I find it interesting how certain things "speak" to us. I feel the same way about my 40. After I bought my 40 and became a member of Mud I was kicking around here on Mud and came across the posts of the previous owner of my 40. His name is John Milton Sherwood III., @sherwood. Reference thread I started in search of him, Searching for lost history. I was hoping to talk to him, but alas, he passed away a few weeks after is last post in 2005.

I enjoyed looking at all of @sherwood 's posts to see what up grades he preformed.. when I saw the Harley Davidson "oil cooler" I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it was his 40. He made all the upgrades I would have done myself.

Sooooo, Eric, need one of those lifted off your hands??

since you asked:

For Sale: - 1979 fj40 in Iowa $9800

For Sale: - 1979 FJ40 in IA $12,600

the third one could be had, but hesitant to let it go since it was my first

all making way for time to finally spend with the 66 lpb that has been patiently awaiting some love...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom