1979 FJ40 floorboards. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steveola

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everyone. I'm new to this site. I just purchased. a 1979 FJ40 off eBay. The ad said not much rust and the photos looked pretty good. When I got it it has to be the rustiest vehicle I have ever owned. I've got most of the body parts from Cool Cruisers. Great to deal with. Adrian and Mary Beth are great. Problem is, they don't have floors or corner channels. I've read some really bad stuff about LCH. Is that still a thing. They show a complete front tub. Thanks.

Patch panels from 3rd world countries may be ok, but I would not buy a tub or a large component.

You're new - use the resources in Mud to learn more:

This: Buyer Beware-- Landcruiser Heaven - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/buyer-beware-landcruiser-heaven.1240370/

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site. I just purchased. a 1979 FJ40 off eBay. The ad said not much rust and the photos looked pretty good. When I got it it has to be the rustiest vehicle I have ever owned. I've got most of the body parts from Cool Cruisers. Great to deal with. Adrian and Mary Beth are great. Problem is, they don't have floors or corner channels. I've read some really bad stuff about LCH. Is that still a thing. They show a complete front tub. Thanks.
Have you tried Real Steel?

Patch panels from 3rd world countries may be ok, but I would not buy a tub or a large component.

You're new - use the resources in Mud to learn more:

This: Buyer Beware-- Landcruiser Heaven - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/buyer-beware-landcruiser-heaven.1240370/

Thanks very much. I may just wait to see if CCOT has stock in a few weeks. That's what I've heard about LCH. I don't think I will chance it.

Have you tried Real Steel?
I haven't yet but they do offer a bib repair panel and the corner channels. I plan on doing a complete restore with maybe an update to add fuel injection. Still a ways from body work. I plan on documenting my project when I get started.

Welcome!

RealSteel has a most correct rear quarter panel for the 79+.I have never seen a 79 without rust in the rear quarter.
Thanks. I plan on getting a few body parts from Realsteel. They make a few pieces that nobody else does. This 40 has all the usual rust and lots of it. When I get finished it should have a new tub pretty much.

Welcome aboard...interested in your progress. Keep us posted w/ pics. I plan to try some patch panels this summer
Will do. Now that the weather is getting better I'm starting the year down. I'm contemplating maybe a YouTube series. It's going to be slow going though, very rusty.

Yep...rust is the FJ40 challenge. Along with others. We’re in good company on Mud
A challenge for sure. I'm really glad to have the talented folks here on Mud for help and support. I'm getting excited to get started on the FJ.

Will do. Now that the weather is getting better I'm starting the year down. I'm contemplating maybe a YouTube series. It's going to be slow going though, very rusty.
Hey mate I amalso in the beginning of my resto of a 1983 BJ42.
I will also do a Youtube show, gret to see that I am not the only one. I hopw we can learn from each other...

Hey mate I amalso in the beginning of my resto of a 1983 BJ42.
I will also do a Youtube show, gret to see that I am not the only one. I hopw we can learn from each other...
Hey! I can't wait to see your channel. Anything I can do to help. I seems pretty daunting at times. Now that the weather here, hopefully the project will get put into high gear.

@steveola

Plz put some pics up of your rig,

Why tearing everything apart when you just got it, if it drives don't care about the rust for now, drive it and get that smile on your face

Hey! I can't wait to see your channel. Anything I can do to help. I seems pretty daunting at times. Now that the weather here, hopefully the project will get put into high gear.
Yeah got alot of footageI still have to edit. I cant wait to get back to wrenching.

@steveola

Why tearing everything apart when you just got it, if it drives don't care about the rust for now, drive it and get that smile on your face
The floors are so bad my feet could almost hand down like a Flintstones car!!

How’d you rate the eBay seller? :mad:

@steveola

Here are a few pics.

1014201833.JPG

1014201834_HDR.JPG

1014201834.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom