Trade 1979 FJ40 clean stock, locked FZJ80+cash or a fully built 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a pretty sweet 79 FJ40. I'd call it a nearly complete project. Was my reliable daily driver and I do love it, now with my daughter in the mix I'm thinking it might be time to sell for a more family friendly rig. I had an 80 series I was going to build, sold it because I got an offer I couldn't refuse, now once again I'm revisiting the idea. My FJ40 needs some finishing touches, but overall is a really cool FJ40 that you don't find every day, a good example of a wheeler that maintains all of the it's FJ40ness. I think I have it priced right at $16k.

I'd be willing to trade for a clean, stock or lightly modified E Locker (or ARB locker) FZJ80, preferably with under 200k miles, daily driveable, plus cash.

I would also consider a direct trade for a lifted, locked FZJ80 on 35s or better done right with gears, armor, ect that can stand up to daily driver duty and the Rubicon.

Highlights include:
-Desmogged 2F with a 38mm Weber, headers, DUI ignition
-SM465 trans, freshly rebuilt 4 speed factory replacement with wide "HD" gears and Valley Hybrid case braces, Atlas Twin Stick
-Interior tub pro Line X'd, looks great. PO did some weird patches on the floor.
-4.88 gears, ARB lockers, 30 spline fronts, disk brake conversion in the rear
-Brand new Scout steering with AA steering shaft
-Shackle Reversal, custom Atlas leaf springs, rear hanger flip, IVD 2.0 shocks, rides great!
-Custom Driveshafts
-DOT steel brake lines
-Full body, hard top and doors, all good glass except windshield
-Weld 15's with 35s
-Dual batteries
-Warn 8274
-Rear old 4+ bumper, been through it but it works.

Not so awesome-
-Electrical is so/so, but everything works
-Needs parking brake (some a hold test driving it drove around with the brake on)
-Mainseal leaks but doesn't hemorrhage
-Little rust here and there, nothing scary. Rear sill is good.
-Needs new seats
-In its current form, has a manifold leak, would be willing to fix for new owner
-Needs new exhaust
-Desmogged in CA is a bummer. Won't pass CA smog as is. Runs great, gets 15mpg when tuned up so obviously I did something right. I purchased while living in WA, didn't expect to return. Not the reason I'm selling, but it definitely sucks.
-Batteries are pretty hammered, may ship with new cheapo batteries.

Here is my craigslist ad: 1979 FJ40 Land Cruiser w/lockers, suspension, ect

There you have it. I might be willing to consider a swap to the right FJ60 as well, but it would have to be the right FJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom