1979 FJ40 Aluminum Tub and Cowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, here's the deal. I bought a 1979 FJ40 out of the local paper because it had an aluminum tub (but rusty steel cowl). At the same time I ordered a brand new aluminum cowl (including windshield frame) from Cruiser Solutions. I took the tub off the '79 and stripped the paint with aircraft stripper and a pressure washer (to be sure and not damage the tub). I've since changed direction and need to free up some cash to finish some other projects.

Here is what I have:
-1979 FJ40 alumimum tub with 95% of paint removed, good shape but not show quality.
-1979 FJ40 aluminum cowl, brand new (currently bolted to the tub) with windshield frame, vents, etc. from Cruiser Solutions.

I'm asking $3500, which I think is more than fair when you price out the cost of a new tub and cowl combo. Tub is located in Ellsworth, ME 04605 and I'm not real interested in shipping. If you send me an email address I'd be more than happy to send pictures.

Thanks for looking,
Eb

Tub Sold

TREESEH stepped up and bought the tub, anyone interested in the cowl can have it for $2000 obo.

Thanks,
Eb

Yup, Treeseh never came to pick it up and after multiple attempts to contact him I'm putting it back up for sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom