1979 BJ40 RHD Diesel + extras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is a 1978 BJ40 Right had Drive that i imported from Australia. This is also listed on ebay- for 5500 buy it now- and for sale locally- I have a ton of other photos in a link below- bj40 pictures by recycling_photos - Photobucket I bought the truck to make into a veggie bio truck for our recycling and architectural salvage co. I have not done the conversion for the veggie, but have been working on little things as i go- Now i just do not have time to work on the truck- so it is time for someone else to enjoy this rig- - the guy who i got it from had just put on a new suspension- donaldson shocks and king springs- Some of the work i have done alternator rebuilt by a co. called AMPCO here in nj- replaced the thermostat, fluid, gasket, hoses, got an extra radiator, new steering damper, as well as a pair of rear jump seats for the rig. Also i bought another truck in Australia when i was there and parted it out- we kept the transfer case and transmission- it has a PTO as well! This is included in the price- All the extra bits are well over 1.5k extra- Here is what i know about the truck and what i was planning to do- After a turn of the glowplugs even on the coldest days it fires rite up- smokes alittle on colder days and goes away- all of these older diesels smoke alittle- The steering will need to be worked on- not bad just alittle sloppy but- very simple and not too much to do- get new drag link, tie-rods, and center arm relay- i just did it on another rig- not hard at all- i was planning on rebuilding the extra t-case an tranny- since there is one out already- this way you can still drive the rig and when its done just drop it in and now you even got a PTO box- its easy that it is already out- kits for those are around 3-400 total depending upon who you get them from- once rebuilt its an easy drop in- while i was doing that i would do the clutch- it works but will need to be redone at some point- There is rust to deal with on the body but the frame is in great shape- all parts can be bought after market or do the body work your self- I have done my best to describe what i know and what i would do- i felt like i got mis-lead my first time buying a cruiser- so please ask any questions you may have- email recycling@comcast.net at any time- Come by and take alook or send a friend- this is a great rig and with alittle bit more work will look great and run for along time- We have tons of photos on this link - see another 40+ pictures of the truck bj40 pictures by recycling_photos - Photobucket The truck is for sale locally in NJ -Buyer pays all expenses in shipping- vehicle is sold as is where is- currently liscensed and insured in the state of NJ .
DSC00278.jpg
DSC01908.jpg

Last edited:
you might try re submitting your ad in type that can be more easily read.

Seriously, nice truck but I have a headache from wading through ALL THOSE CAPS!

$5,500 seams reasonable since it comes with an extra H41 and tcase with a PTO.

Up for sale is a 1978 BJ40 Right had Drive that i imported from Australia.

This is also listed on ebay- for 5500 buy it now- and for sale locally.

I bought the truck to make into a veggie bio truck for our recycling and architectural salvage co. I have not done the conversion for the veggie, but have been working on little things as i go- Now i just do not have time to work on the truck- so it is time for someone else to enjoy this rig- - the guy who i got it from had just put on a new suspension- donaldson shocks and king springs.

Some of the work i have done alternator rebuilt by a co. called AMPCO here in nj- replaced the thermostat, fluid, gasket, hoses, got an extra radiator, new steering damper, as well as a pair of rear jump seats for the rig.

i bought another truck in Australia when i was there and parted it out- we kept the transfer case and transmission- it has a PTO as well! This is included in the price- All the extra bits are well over 1.5k extra-

Here is what i know about the truck and what i was planning to do- After a turn of the glowplugs even on the coldest days it fires rite up- smokes alittle on colder days and goes away- all of these older diesels smoke alittle- The steering will need to be worked on- not bad just alittle sloppy but- very simple and not too much to do- get new drag link, tie-rods, and center arm relay- i just did it on another rig- not hard at all-

i was planning on rebuilding the extra t-case an tranny- since there is one out already- this way you can still drive the rig and when its done just drop it in and now you even got a PTO box- its easy that it is already out- kits for those are around 3-400 total depending upon who you get them from- once rebuilt its an easy drop in- while i was doing that i would do the clutch- it works but will need to be redone at some point-

There is rust to deal with on the body but the frame is in great shape- all parts can be bought after market or do the body work your self- I have done my best to describe what i know and what i would do- i felt like i got mis-lead my first time buying a cruiser- so please ask any questions you may have- email recycling@comcast.net at any time-

Come by and take alook or send a friend- this is a great rig and with alittle bit more work will look great and run for along time- We have tons of photos on this link - see another 40+ pictures of the truck

The truck is for sale locally in NJ -Buyer pays all expenses in shipping- vehicle is sold as is where is- currently liscensed and insured in the state of NJ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom