For Sale 1979 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUSH55

SILVER Star
Threads
This 2F came out of a 1979 FJ55. Was rebuilt around 2000, and had probably 15,000 miles put on it between then and 2009 when it was pulled. The PO needed to sell his cruiser, but the buyer was planning on a V8 swap, so with the intention of salvaging his investment, he pulled the drivetrain and sold the rest.
I ended up with the drivetrain in 2011, and it’s been sitting here ever since.
Have the 4spd trans and t-case as well.

Located in AZ

1395847E-AC73-468F-ABA9-3E14D8A63FAF.jpeg

DF1573CD-116C-49A4-A101-851E283B916E.jpeg

Give me an idea where to look for that and I’ll get back to you.
Have someone interested already, but I want to get it on a stand and pull the oil pan and head just to verify that everything is on the up-n-up.

Give me an idea where to look for that and I’ll get back to you.
Have someone interested already, but I want to get it on a stand and pull the oil pan and head just to verify that everything is on the up-n-up.

PS pump mount provisions would be on the driver side of block, towards the front, high up.

I think I have some pics in my PS thread.

Updates:
I tore this down before committing to any price. Someone was interested, but think he’s been scared off. The engine had an incredible amount of water in it, so it’s no longer turnkey. The crank and rods survived pretty well but the cylinder bores have corrosion. I’m pretty sure it could be bored out, but am not positive what the current bores are. There is a 1.0 stamped on the pistons which doesn’t jive to my knowledge of what’s normally stamped on an overbored piston, I.E. 0.020, 0.030, 0.060, etc...

The head valve seats are also questionable, but the valve springs are great, the rocker shaft assembly is practically a brand new unit. The cam looks great with the exception of two small areas of corrosion that could possibly be buffed out without issue.
Flywheel is available, valve cover, intake/exhaust with factory spacer plate and an Aisin carb complete, water pump/thermostat housing, distributor, bellhousing, starter.
If anything sounds of interest, pm me. I can supply pics of anything you want. Willing to ship smaller items, prefer pickup on the larger. Will extend this to the local (Phoenix) classifieds if no interest here.

Do you still have the distributor? I'm looking for a parts distributor.

I want the transfers case and possibly the transmission. I was scheduled to come to Glendale next week, but not sure when I will actually get there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom