craigslist 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj40 - $35,000 (Charlotte) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
not mine

1978 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj40, USA Spec Version. Desire to trade for clean titled 2015 or newer Tacoma or forerunner V6 4X4(less than 100 k miles).

Original survivor vehicle with only Toyota OEM parts replaced as needed. Original 2F engine and transmission and transfer case. Upgraded Old Man Emu suspension system. 31 inch Bridgestone all terrains. Have many restoration parts that can be negotiated in the deal.

01717_jvm6Xydwurfz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I checked this truck out in person, and it’s a bit over priced for condition. The owner is a legitimate seller, however he seems to be on the fence of keeping or selling as he wants a swap for a newer low mileage Tacoma or T4R.

As far as the 40 goes, it’s going to need new front fenders, rear sill, patch work in the rear corners and a passenger rocker panel for starters. While the interior is complete, it appears the dash was cut out and welded back in along the original seams, long ago. The seats are all there, however the fronts were recovered in a grey tweed rather than marine vinyl. The 2F is not the original engine and was installed in 1993, per the PO. Finally, the frame has putting in the rear cross members and frame rails. The truck drives well, and has a mini truck PS conversion. The truck will need to have the ignition system trouble shot, cold starts are very labored for the truck.

Hope this helps and would be buyers! I’d rate it a $25k truck if you can pull it, but he turned me down!! Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom