SOLD 1978 Toyota FJ40. San Diego, CA. 92008 $45,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Hi all!

Like most here, I've reached a cross roads where I'm getting a new toy and have to part with an "old" toy. I've had this beauty for a year and love her dearly. I posted quite a bit when I first got her, to the chagrin of most! haha. But, we are getting a family motor home, and the young kids will get more enjoyment from that than my beauty. I'm planning on going through the process of posting her on bring-a-paycheck (trailer) also, but wanted to give you fine folks first dibs.

Info:
Year: 1978
Color: Original pain, sky blue
Engine: 2F, inline 6, original with 77,000 (plus or minus) original miles (as the original owner emailed me and said "Probably higher than that cause I put bigger tires on her than factory.
Price: Asking 47,500.

Work since buying her:
New clutch
Install front brake calipers, pads etc.
Replace upper and lower radiator hoses
Carburetor rebuilt
Replace valve cover gasket
Replace oil pan gasket
Replace timing cover gasket
4 wheel thrust angle alignment
Removed transmission and resealed (replaced the clutch at this time because hell, we already had her opened).
Remove transfer case and resealed
Resurface flywheel
5 new BF Goodrich all-terrain tires (with original spare tire from factory in the back cab)
Every nick and scratch, and a few dents, were explained to me by first owner over text/email. She is an original CA vehicle and maintains all smog equipment. She is smogged (passed first time BEFORE I got all the work done) and titled in California (quite the process if you've been through it. I have smog certificate as well (obviously).
Like stated before, Original Paint. She is a survivor with minimal to NO rust on any of the panels. The surface rust on the hood is due to me living a mile from the ocean and getting all the salt air. Under the mat there is absolutely NO rust. The mat, due to the heat from the original owner never having the top on, stuck to the floor in some places, but peels right off. Could just scrape that off if you want.
Original factory Stereo
Original Owners Manual
Original work light
Original jack rod and tool kit.
Original key "fob" from Toyota Dealership
Original window sticker
Title history
and much much more.

Not original: Seat covers were replaced. Dash pad was replaced. Roof liner was redone. The above work was done by FTS Auto in San Diego and they did a bang up job.

She drives 60 down the freeway without a hiccup. She is amazing and starts right up. Cold starts have still baffled me just a tad with trying to figure out the correct number of "pumps" but she turns over just fine. Hot starts....well, I read the manual and after that, she starts right up!

I'm going to attach pictures in a moment, but please don't hesitate to toss me some sarcasm about selling her! I really want her to go to a good home. I considered myself not the owner, but rather the person responsible with keeping her and maintainer her.

Happy trails peeps!

D5A05C2E-34BA-488D-90D7-6D5BBCB869F5.jpeg

37451C99-924A-4055-94C5-0103DB26A533.jpeg

E9AD8433-2F53-4427-8569-1097642166C9.jpeg

B6006A38-E4E4-4C61-BEE3-3A186FE8B860.jpeg

8FD6D4BA-EE32-4941-9D95-050623B721F0.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW! That is a big ending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom