craigslist 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser -(redwood shores) - Olive beauty in Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
$35,000 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/redwood-city-1978-toyota-fj40-land/7440806635.html

Original 2F engine never rebuilt with just over 112,401 original miles. Original paint with some solid steel/welded spot repairs (no Bondo) to the tub and fenders. Quality rear sill repair and replacement to original stock sill. New Toyota OEM turn signals/light housings, new replaced OEM dash, OEM front bumper, complete OEM cooling system replacement and many other original OEM Toyota parts. Original wiring and original seats (driver's side has torn seams). NOT a restoration with after-market hardware, etc. but an original factory example, with original OEM parts and honest 40-year-old patina. Complete suspension update with OME springs/shocks package, BF Goodrich KM2 tires on the original stock rims/spare and OEM caps. My daily driver, garaged (2008) and rarely driven. Has all original emissions hardware and passes CA smog. Please note price (35k) is firm and vehicle is sold as is with no guarantees. Great rolling restoration candidate and rare, hard to find example for the right individual. Additional photos at:

i-g2M35cc-X4.jpg

i-ntDdD9b-X4.jpg

i-qggbwnv-X4.jpg

i-qvBn5QH-X3.jpg

i-SzhN7B7-X4.jpg

Talked to the owner of this a couple years ago when I picked up my 78, very nice guy and LC fan. I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up from him if the price and rig was right for what I was looking for - and I'm relatively certain he's a Mud member???

I'd love to own two 653's - my boys would each inherit their least favorite color of 40 :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom