1978 spare tire carrier mounting help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the lower cab corner where the lower spare tire carrier hinge bolts onto a 1978 FJ40? I want to install the original carrier that had been removed during rust repairs and I want to see if there is a support bracket on the lower like there is on the upper..

I do have the upper hinge support bracket - pictures of the upper and lower mounting points attached - it looks like the lower hinge would Mount into where that crossmember is.

It does appear that I have some sheet metal for an earlier model tire carrier given the existing holes so that’s a different issue I’ll have to deal with..

Thanks!

3B43DE3D-9896-42EF-86DE-96EA9A92AB3F.jpeg

A3647E17-FFE2-4DD8-8972-8D661A0FB43B.jpeg

B1F42A4F-030B-464A-8995-B096E1AF56DE.jpeg

B0E7C75D-3BFB-4FBE-BB6F-3581D5A76771.jpeg

Thank you so much - exactly what I needed!

So your sill has been repaired, but they didn’t bother reinstalling the tub support cushion. You will want to do that first, as the tub will definitely need that support if you’re going to add the weight of the carrier and tire back on.

If you found this information useful, you are welcome to hit the like button.

If you found this information useful, you are welcome to hit the like button.
Mark, I believe 99% of your posts are useful information, whether it is a philosophical post in the deep dark depths of chat, or some technical support that you selflessly provide here in the tech sections.

Thanks for all of your contributions sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom