1978 Roll bar assembly bolt sizes and pitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curtice

SILVER Star
Threads
I've searched around, but haven't found the answer. Most roll bar bolt threads have to do with mounting the bar to the tub. I'm looking to get my roll bar assembled. I powdercoated it, but got mixed up on my bolts and am not sure what goes where and the powdercoat needs to be cleared from the threads. I *think* I know what is correct, but didn't want to finish chasing the threads with a tap until I was sure. Below is a picture of the roll bar bracket with the welded nuts. Can someone confirm if I am correct on the following:
  • Lower left nut (in this picture) is a 7/16X20 SAE for the seatbelt to attach
  • I think the other 3 are all M10X1.25. (The middle and the right bolts would be very long to go all the way through the bar. )
Fxcb4vLWR7Slxap6HcwICw.jpg

Assuming that is correct, does anyone know where to get the correct bolts for all of these? I'm fine just ordering something generic, but would prefer the correct bolts.

Thanks.

I've searched around, but haven't found the answer. Most roll bar bolt threads have to do with mounting the bar to the tub. I'm looking to get my roll bar assembled. I powdercoated it, but got mixed up on my bolts and am not sure what goes where and the powdercoat needs to be cleared from the threads. I *think* I know what is correct, but didn't want to finish chasing the threads with a tap until I was sure. Below is a picture of the roll bar bracket with the welded nuts. Can someone confirm if I am correct on the following:
  • Lower left nut (in this picture) is a 7/16X20 SAE for the seatbelt to attach
  • I think the other 3 are all M10X1.25. (The middle and the right bolts would be very long to go all the way through the bar. )
View attachment 2510993

Assuming that is correct, does anyone know where to get the correct bolts for all of these? I'm fine just ordering something generic, but would prefer the correct bolts.

Thanks.

I just checked my 9/78. The bottom hole is indeed 7/16 x 20, verified with pitch gage and tap and the others M10x1.25. Mine lacks the fourth nut in the center. The long bolt measure to 76mm long
9A4B62E0-DA11-4CA9-BF5A-431CA6DFC2F5.jpeg

Fantastic thank you! Weird that our same year is different as far as that middle hole. Either way, I’m almost positive that the middle hole is also m10x1.25. Thank you on the length as well...that will help me source the correct bolts.

You can try Overland Metric for the bolts. This is where I get my JIS bolts from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom