For Sale 1978 FJ55 for sale...runs, drives, with title and tags through August 2017... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all. I am helping a family friend sell his 1978 FJ55 Piggy. He is 17 and this is the first rebuild/project vehicle for him, but after a year and a half (as well as an accident), he is ready to move into something a little more manageable for his lifestyle as a working student. He and the vehicle are in the Portland Metropolitan area.

The details and pictures are below. I know he would like to sell the entire vehicle as one package, but if it needs to turn into a parts project to recoup some of his losses, it will be part of the learning process for him as well. I will be helping him with communications through the forum, but if you want to talk with him over the phone feel free to PM me and I will get you all connected. Thanks fellow mudders!

1978 FJ55 Land Cruiser
127,000 original miles

GM 350 Crate motor v8 swap with 4 speed automatic.
Power steering was added as well.
Air conditioning.
Original stereo.
2 inch body lift.
OEM everything (turn signals stop lights etc.) except front bumper and wheels.
Runs drives has passed omissions test.

Accident Description
Part of the reason I am selling is because I slid in the recent ice storm and hit a tree. Damage done to the front right fender. As a result it tweaked the frame, but all doors, glass and seals are in tact.

The accident in no way damaged the interior, headliner is in perfect condition. Door cards and door hardware in are perfect condition. All doors open and close. Couple of cracks in the dash cover. Glove box in good condition. Controls all OEM work perfect.

Comparable vehicles this year have sold between $10,500-13,000 depending on overall condition. I am respectfully asking $8500 for the entire vehicle, as I would prefer not to part it out.

Please PM if you want to talk over the phone, otherwise I will be happy to answer any questions here on the classified section.

Thank you all for your time,
Sean

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

EE3735F9-ABFB-4561-96D0-7233B6F00382.JPG

Last edited:
So, you're saying the frame is bent along with the front end damage, hood, fender, front apron and maybe the door. What's up with the bungee cord on the transfer case shifter, popping out of gear?

Hi guys!

Regarding the transfer case bungee cord, I will get the info from him on that and get back to you. I don't recall him ever mentioning an issue with it beforehand, as I had seen him drive it a number of times around town, to school, etc.

Regarding the Lando Heaven...it is currently hanging out with its brethren at Land Cruiser Specialties NW down in Portland. Maybe some of the other Cruisers can make it feel better for having a broken nose!

Thanks for the real-world feedback guys. I have him reading all of this so he can get an education on such matters. I agree with you on the eval Lil John, but I do like helping him learn by doing versus me just telling him what I think he should do. Kids have lost the skill of problem solving these days with everyone getting a trophy, no one failing classes/tests, etc. Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now!

Thanks guys! He has his punch list of to-dos for answers and will get back to this ASAP.

Ouch! That tree hurt...
Yeah he tagged it pretty well. We had a heck of a snow/ice storm roll in here and he didn't quite get home from practice before it got really bad. Thankfully it was low speed and he didn't even have a single scratch on him. Certainly gave his parents quite a scare though.

I dont think that is factory PS. In one of the photos you can see the steering box with a rear facing pitman arm. I'm thinking a 4runner swap or maybe sag box because it has a chevy. I only see 3 gear choices on the ratchet shifter.

This is an unfortunate event. I had been rethinking my insurance status on my 55 lately. We had some serious flooding in CA and more in San Diego just on Monday. These beasts are usually worth more to the owner than the rest of the cosmos and when theft or an accident ruins them, its just salt in the wounds when you lose them plus the time and money you put in to it.

Make it drive-able and make sure it doesn't dog-leg then rock it till it stops rolling under its own power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom