For Sale 1978 FJ40 - Seattle area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
blue

no affiliation
Price says 26,000 which seems optimistic to me but engine bay looks 100% stock and maybe original paint other than the hood?

looks like 854 sky blue

I messaged the seller but no response yet

Nice fat hole in the rear sill, good amount of rust by the roll bar mount. Asking price is a little strong

I’m right in line with what suggested for price 16k . The owner sent a bunch of photos my way and I was pretty surprised to see heavy rust on top of the wheel well tubs near the roll bar mount.

i was wondering how you had seen rust in the rear sill
any pictures you can share here? i sent the owner a couple emails but no response yet

i am not particularly interested in this one at this price point but trying to develop a better sense of how these are pricing these days...

Don’t let the “listed 12 hours ago” fool you...it’s been for sale for a while, and at that price will remain that way- I’m guessing.

any pictures you can share here? i sent the owner a couple emails but no response yet

i am not particularly interested in this one at this price point but trying to develop a better sense of how these are pricing these days...
The owner sent me a handful of pictures a while back but can’t seem to find them in my deleted emails. This FJ has been in C-list for quiet a while and will stay there at the 26k price point. The Owner Chelsea seems nice but un-realistic with her asking price. If I can dig some pics up I’ll post them up!

If you look on Marketplace in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass, Or) there is a really nice 77 FJ40. Seems original and fairly priced.

Not cool. Overpriced by 10k.

If you look on Marketplace in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass, Or) there is a really nice 77 FJ40. Seems original and fairly priced.
Meeting the owner tomorrow morning for the purchase 😁 Spoke to him in great length. Original everything and hasn’t been on the road since 1985
(last licensed then) and even has the factory jute under the rear bed mat!!! Not a bit of rust anywhere to include under all doors and ambulance doors. I’ll keep you posted!!!

Meeting the owner tomorrow morning for the purchase 😁 Spoke to him in great length. Original everything and hasn’t been on the road since 1985
(last licensed then) and even has the factory jute under the rear bed mat!!! Not a bit of rust anywhere to include under all doors and ambulance doors. I’ll keep you posted!!!
if you buy it post a lot of pictures please. I want to see it!

Can’t wait to see and hear about it. That green 77 looks like a unicorn!

Looks like you beat me to it! I was trying to make it up there this weekend to buy it.

Only red flag to me was he doesn’t have the title. Said it got stolen between when he got the vehicle and before titling it himself up in Oregon.

Let us know if you fall out. I’m still on the hunt for my first 40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom