1978 fj40 rear brake proportioning valve (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know the correct orientation for this valve? Or does it really matter?
Thanks

927A0215-8E56-4228-ADFD-C685F1EAED83.jpeg

Shark56

SILVER Star

I'm not sure but I think it is just a junction not an actual valve. On my 78 and 79 axles it is positioned just like yours. On my 74 axle it is rotated 90 degrees. All three work.
Proportioning valve would be on the booster. Mounted on the lower mounting bolts.

The proportioning valve is by the booster near firewall as mentioned above. Not sure if originals still available but Rog(City Racer LLC) sells one that I hear works well.

I posted some pics here showing the orientation of that rear junction: Rear brake line position

Pardon the rust, I'm just getting started. It will be fixed. :)

I don't think it matters but your's looks 90' off. The "fat" end should go towards the feed line.

Last edited:

pb4ugo

SILVER Star

I think your T is is installed incorrectly. It appears 180* off and upside down. Look at the link go to post #124 and scroll down to the pic. 2 of the ports should have female inverted flares in them so the hard line flares have something to seal up against. I think the soft line port would be open and tightens up against the T with a copper sealing washer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom